By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much Sony pays Indies to be free on PS+ and more

Richard_Feynman said:

- I asked him about XOne and he said that it doesn't exist to Indies because of the parity clause and MS doing literally nothing to approach anyone. He says a parity clause makes it almost impossible for an Indie studio because they could get sued over small little things that might differ on different platforms and these are extremely difficult and time consuming for Indies.

I might have believed you if it wasnt for this line.  The parity clause is crap, but it has nothing to do with "little differences" between versions.  It is only about timing, and only if they want to self publish.  

Basically, it is only an issue if the indie developer wants to release on sonys platform first.  In that case, if they want to release on xbox as well, they have to release both versions at the same time.  It has nothing to do with content.  Having such a fundamental misunderstanding of the parity clause from a supposed insider throws your entire claim into doubt.  

Around the Network

It must be one of the bigger indies if sony offers them 500K $ for 1 month free on PS+ and don't forget the free ports.

i call bs random internet dude who wants everyone to believe him without posting proof

besides i cant see sony giving a company half a mill + for a indie game and for sony to do all the work of porting it over. espically since it wont really increase ps+ numbers maybe if it was on ps3 where the numbers can go up depending on the game

500k for a month sounds to good to refuse,must be a decent title

Above & Beyond

Turkish said:

Hope JoeTheBro can vouch for you man, like to believe you

I don't want to get involved. Sorry.

Around the Network

Everything you said seems to point to DayZ.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-dean-hall-in-talks-to-bring-dayz-standalone-to-ps4

If there was a way to verify things like in Reddit then I could do it easily. I just need a single person to convince through an email then they'd confirm that;

1) I am friends with the devs 2) The game is getting a lot of hype 3) It will be on Sony's e3 montage.
Given those facts, I really would have no reason at all to make the rest of it up at all. I thought I was sharing something interesting; Of course skepticism is fine, but the Indie hate and nonsensical arguments as to why my news is incorrect is not.

It's very funny how people are calling BS on this for different "reasons".

Richard_Feynman said:
If there was a way to verify things like in Reddit then I could do it easily. I just need a single person to convince through an email then they'd confirm that;

1) I am friends with the devs 2) The game is getting a lot of hype 3) It will be on Sony's e3 montage.
Given those facts, I really would have no reason at all to make the rest of it up at all. I thought I was sharing something interesting; Of course skepticism is fine, but the Indie hate and nonsensical arguments as to why my news is incorrect is not.

It's very funny how people are calling BS on this for different "reasons".

I can do it if that works for everyone.  I'm most certainly a real person and if you can convince me then I'll vouch for you in here for at least the first two since I doubt you'd be able to prove the third.

edit: though if in the process it proves you are a permabanned member in some way then I will have to permaban this account as well,  

Indies is simply a way for Sony to get people to commit to the PS+ subscription, thats about it.

DerNebel said:
$500k? And Sony is doing the port? Damn, I need to make a successful indie game :D

That really sounds like a lot.