By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Hey Pork eating infidels, Should Ms Marvel (the Pakistani one) be in the Avengers? or the old blonde one?

The Fury said:
She wouldn't fit, good character or not. Then again introducing Carol Danver's isn't going to be easy either, human-kree hybrid because of some kind of explosion? They haven't even introduced Krees to the Marvel Movieverse yet.

Oh and they should shoehorn a character in to meet quota, that's worse. Much to the reason many didn't like racial changes of characters in say FF or Thor.

I don't watch it , but I think they're introducing Kree in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D show.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

I don't watch it , but I think they're introducing Kree in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D show.

I do and don't think they are currently, hope they don't in the future. The show should remain earth/technology based. This also, said I avoid spoilers like the plague so if anything is being introduced in Gaurdians of the Galaxy, I don't know that either.

Then SHIELD isn't that great, might stop watching.

Hmm, pie.

dyremose said:
What the worlds needs is more american exceptionalism.. Definitely not enough of that :/

Even norse gods love to protect america and stop stupid germans-... wait, wut?

The Fury said:
PullusPardus said:

I do and don't think they are currently, hope they don't in the future. The show should remain earth/technology based. This also, said I avoid spoilers like the plague so if anything is being introduced in Gaurdians of the Galaxy, I don't know that either.

Then SHIELD isn't that great, might stop watching.

SHIELD isn't good? I have it on my watchlist atm.

PullusPardus said:

I was losing interest myself and I felt it wasn't going anywhere but my TV/film mad friend is getting into it. I don't watch much TV, so don't take too much stock in my opinion.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
PullusPardus said:

I was losing interest myself and I felt it wasn't going anywhere but my TV/film mad friend is getting into it. I don't watch much TV, so don't take too much stock in my opinion.

Me as well, I only watched Breaking Bad to the end as far as recent shows.

BasilZero said:
"Delicious, delicious infidel meat"

XD! I'm sorry but that is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen lol. I know its a bit extreme but that is funny lol.

she seriously just goes to that store and smells the bacon having some bacon fantasy or something.

The biggest issue I have is when they "reboot" established characters in efforts to shoe horn in more diversity. Now, if this was the Green Lantern concept where the object is passed anyone can be it so that is cool, but when they killed Peter Parker and had some afro-Caribbean kid replace him as Spider-Man? Not a fan of replacing Spider-Man at all, and it felt like a marketing effort.

I am perfectly fine with having muslim or what ever heroes, let them stand on their own as opposed to "It's the muslim version of Iron Man or Superman or what have you."

Admittedly I have not kept up with comics for past few years so not sure what has happened (especially since DC completely rebooted their universe).

I like her. It would do well to create something that identifies with a very large western sub-culture. i.e. Muslims with traditional parents that have grown up in western society, especially US.

Augen said:
The biggest issue I have is when they "reboot" established characters in efforts to shoe horn in more diversity. Now, if this was the Green Lantern concept where the object is passed anyone can be it so that is cool, but when they killed Peter Parker and had some afro-Caribbean kid replace him as Spider-Man? Not a fan of replacing Spider-Man at all, and it felt like a marketing effort.

I am perfectly fine with having muslim or what ever heroes, let them stand on their own as opposed to "It's the muslim version of Iron Man or Superman or what have you."

Admittedly I have not kept up with comics for past few years so not sure what has happened (especially since DC completely rebooted their universe).

Captain Marvel died I think so Carol Danvers took his place as "Captain". Therefore, the title of Ms.Marvel was vacant.