By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Destiny will be a commercial failure

I doubt it will fail. At the very least, first week sales will be around 2m, and 3m by the end of the year (all platforms combined).

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

How do you tag threads?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I hope so.

I'm not interested in the game myself, but I hope it does decent. Too many sequels gets boring after a while (but I also feel that with too many FPS's). After all Bobby Kotick need money to buy food!!!!!!

=

Yep.

No, but it won't be that profitable considering how much they are spending on the game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I expect it to be good because of Bungie but with this budget the hype and marketing will be off da chain and everyone will probably be disappointed in the end.
They messed up for not bringing it to PC.

Destiny is probably the primary title that might get me to finally buy a PS4. I still would very much love a PC version of the game, but if that isn't going to happen soon after the release, I'm just going to pick up a PS4 to play it.

Too polarized a stance. Taking things to extremes on the internet is beyond tired at this point.

I don't think the game will be huge, but it's not going to be a flop. I don't think it will reach expectations placed on it though. It's a very big gamble for sure. Because of that, many may view it as a failure. That $500 million figure should've never been made public, as it's doubtfully reflective of the whole picture. It will be as damning as the ones for Shenmue were.