By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Destiny will be a commercial failure

I'm gonna say flop, the game doesn't even look as good as what's out now (which isn't saying much). It'll sell less than Battlefield 4 and WAY less than Ghosts.

Around the Network

I'd hope so. But nah, sadly it will sell a million times more than all the better games that are coming out this year.

daredevil.shark said:

Its my opinion. Please dont hate me.

Bungies destiny will be a commercial failure. It might get critical success but I dout about its commercial success. Half a billion is spend in a game that is a new IP, MMO characteristics and unproved grnre in consoles. New COD, Halo 2 HD will be choice of many FPS lovers and many awesome games will get released within a few months of destiny release. I just dont see it selling 7-8 million at $60 rate. It might sell over 10 million but at reduced price. It might struggle to break even.

What do you guys think?

Thanks God we have something different from Halo2 HD, an old game with prettier textures; and it is so welcome something different from the usual COD games, finally Bungie is doing something more than the usual 'kill the colorful alien', shoot the shield, kill the colorful alien.  The Halo serie looks tired, old, is going down and down(my point of view), I'm happy Bungie is developing a massive game which has new elements and fresh ideas for the genre.  Gamers like you will kill the beautiful world of videogames, if your feelings spread too much. But don't worry, it will never happen :)   

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
daredevil.shark said:

Bungies destiny will be a commercial failure. It might get critical success but I dout about its commercial success. Half a billion is spend in a game that is a new IP, MMO characteristics and unproved grnre in consoles. New COD, Halo 2 HD will be choice of many FPS lovers and many awesome games will get released within a few months of destiny release. I just dont see it selling 7-8 million at $60 rate. It might sell over 10 million but at reduced price. It might struggle to break even.

What do you guys think?

Thanks God we have something different from Halo2 HD, an old game with prettier textures; and it is so welcome something different from the usual COD games, finally Bungie is doing something more than the usual 'kill the colorful alien', shoot the shield, kill the colorful alien.  The Halo serie looks tired, old, is going down and down(my point of view), I'm happy Bungie is developing a massive game which has new elements and fresh ideas for the genre.  Gamers like you will kill the beautiful world of videogames, if your feelings spread too much. But don't worry, it will never happen :)   

Thank you for your opinion. But you didnt read the OP. Like many people you have read the title. I didnt said I like Halo 2 HD remake or COD. I said destiny will face bigger competition. From next time please do read the OP not just the title. Thanks. :) :)

I don't think it will "flop" but I also don't think it will be the juggernaut franchise that Activision is banking on.

And this is purely my personal opinion, but I follow Bungie on Twitter and Facebook, etc, follow their diaries, or whatever they are and I can't help but feel they're out of touch and stuck their own little grandiose, pretentious world.

Around the Network
dangerguy said:
I don't think it will "flop" but I also don't think it will be the juggernaut franchise that Activision is banking on.

And this is purely my personal opinion, but I follow Bungie on Twitter and Facebook, etc, follow their diaries, or whatever they are and I can't help but feel they're out of touch and stuck their own little grandiose, pretentious world.

Exactly. It may be a very good game -- but I think too many are tracking expectations at the phenomanal level..

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

It will definitely profit in the end, though It is sad that so much money is being spent on this game. There would be 100 quality games for that kind of money. The gameplay video they showed was as bland as a gameplay video can possibly be.

I think the only game to outsell it will be COD, Destiny likely to be a close second

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

daredevil.shark said:
Nate4Drake said:
daredevil.shark said:

What do you guys think?

Thank you for your opinion. But you didnt read the OP. Like many people you have read the title. I didnt said I like Halo 2 HD remake or COD. I said destiny will face bigger competition. From next time please do read the OP not just the title. Thanks. :) :)

But claiming that Halo 2 HD will be bigh competition is just laughable. Halo 2 HD won't be a big seller because it is still basically a re-release. Most owners of original Halo 2 won't buy Halo 2 HD, especially not at full price. HD remakes have never been huge sellers and Halo 2 HD won't be an exception. It might barely sell past 1 million but that is it. BUT because it is just an HD remake, even 1 million copies sold would make it hugely profitable. Because I think making HD remake of Halo 2 is actually very cheap.

Btw. This also applies to the Last of Us remastered, it won't sell a lot on PS4 either.

A bad business decision. They really expect a profit back on spending 500 million (half billion) on a new IP. They should drop the PS4 & XOne versions of the game. The PS3 & X360 has a 180 million user base for its new IP. After the sales of those platforms, bring the game to next gen. That's a expensive gamble for Activision to go all in.