By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Destiny will be a commercial failure

ktay95 said:
Every one of my Halo friends are more excited for this then anything. Seriously it will sell to 90% of the Halo crowd and then some because of the massive PS4 advertisement push. Its like they know they have the Xbox/Halo crowd and so ads are aimed at those who arent familiar with Bungie, the PS crowd. I can see this 1st game pushing 15m LT and then there is DLC to come and at least 2 or 3 sequels

I'm a *massive* Halo fan, I own every game on every single platform it has ever released on, yet with that said... Destiny hasn't got me excited, it's alienated my primary platform and thus far the gameplay or story hasn't "wowed" me in the slightest.

I'll pick it up only if it arrives on PC, so I can play it in eyefinity, with all the eyecandy.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I expect mediocre sales because its a new IP but i think the sequels will reach halo levels.

Pemalite said:
ktay95 said:
Every one of my Halo friends are more excited for this then anything. Seriously it will sell to 90% of the Halo crowd and then some because of the massive PS4 advertisement push. Its like they know they have the Xbox/Halo crowd and so ads are aimed at those who arent familiar with Bungie, the PS crowd. I can see this 1st game pushing 15m LT and then there is DLC to come and at least 2 or 3 sequels

I'm a *massive* Halo fan, I own every game on every single platform it has ever released on, yet with that said... Destiny hasn't got me excited, it's alienated my primary platform and thus far the gameplay or story hasn't "wowed" me in the slightest.

I'll pick it up only if it arrives on PC, so I can play it in eyefinity, with all the eyecandy.

Dude even Halo left PC =P

Pre-orders are already huge, its coming to all consoles, its fucking Bungie and its getting a huge marketing push from Activision.

Its an event its too big to fail is like saying that the next Batman vs Superman is going to flop, it can't flop is Batman vs Superman.

daredevil.shark said:
Fusioncode said:
Activision isn't expecting to make back the investment in just one game, they're building a franchise here. You gotta spend money to make money and Activision has a lot of money to spend.

Yeah. I understand your point. Its an investment for future. But still initial return from it might be negative. But I think destiny wont turn into a bigger franchise as COD.

It doesn't have to be a bigger franchise, it has to be a profitable franchise

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Around the Network

It ain't going to flop, the marketing push from acti and Sony is going to be massive and its also the first big game after the summer drought, it will be massive.

It may not cover the 500m cost, but alot of that cost is because they have a 10 year franchise plan.

It's gonna be big. Really big.
10m+ franchise easily.

ktay95 said:
Pemalite said:
ktay95 said:

Dude even Halo left PC =P

Yes, but I was already hooked on the franchise before it left. :P

It was the ONLY reason I bought the origional Xbox and the Xbox 360 as well as got a Windows Phone and probably will be the reason I buy an Xbox One.
I don't have that kind of attachment for destiny.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Too much hype as it goes, it will hardly flop. Everyone wants this game.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

There's something about Bungie's games where you have to play them to understand how awesome they are. There isn't a single studio that makes games the way they do. I think it might be the most epic game ever made.

Everything we've seen so far, from the concept to the art to the music and sound effects to the bits of the story seems top notch.