By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83

RenCutypoison said:
>Give people game for free
"This is shit it was delayed anti-consumer shit i was scammed"

PS+ Edition still isn't on PlayStation Store

>Give people a discount with conditions
"This is shit they are anti-consumers conditions"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182904&page=1

>You can still pay full price for the game
"Why would I do that this is utter shit"

This is your fabrication, it was never about forcing consumer into anticonsumer policies. Rather, its misleading consumer with an egrigiously objectively bad option.

Is it utterly stupid or do I just don't get people ?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

RenCutypoison said:
>Give people game for free
"This is shit it was delayed anti-consumer shit i was scammed"

PS+ Edition still isn't on PlayStation Store

>Give people a discount with conditions
"This is shit they are anti-consumers conditions"

>You can still pay full price for the game
"Why would I do that this is utter shit"

This is your fabrication, it was never about forcing consumer into anticonsumer policies. Rather, its misleading consumer with an egrigiously objectively bad option.

Is it utterly stupid or do I just don't get people ?

3 possibilities :

1) Bad coding make it impossible to upgrade and and keep without psplus. PSstore should be updated if possible, but nothing they can do about it for now it seems.

2)Either statement were misinterpreted.

3)Sony is treating consumers like shit for the first time since 2006.

RenCutypoison said:

3 possibilities :

1) Bad coding make it impossible to upgrade and and keep without psplus. PSstore should be updated if possible, but nothing they can do about it for now it seems.

Truth be told, I'm not mad when they make mistakes or even lie. It just pisses me off when people make excuses for them and then hypocritically accuse other fanbases of doing the same thing.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Well I believe , the "anti-consumer" term is as much overused (and wrongly used) as some other words like: desperation, trouble, doomed... Hopefully the majority of "consumers" does not rely on internet forums to make decisions.

But at the same time, I understand it is better how it works now (click-bait, sensationalism, etc...).

Just pay 10 more dollars to get the full game without any limitation... No big deal and nothing as sensational as being anti-consumer.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
RenCutypoison said:

3 possibilities :

Truth be told, I'm not mad when they make mistakes or even lie. It just pisses me off when people make excuses for them and then hypocritically accuse other fanbases of doing the same thing.

Welcome to the internet =p

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Well I believe , the "anti-consumer" term is as much overused (and wrongly used) as some other words like: desperation, trouble, doomed... Hopefully the majority of "consumers" does not rely on internet forums to make decisions.

But at the same time, I understand it is better how it works now (click-bait, sensationalism, etc...).

Just pay 10 more dollars to get the full game without any limitation... No big deal and nothing as sensational as being anti-consumer.

anticonsumer (comparative more anticonsumersuperlative most anticonsumer)

1. Opposing the consumer [quotations ▲]
    • 2000, Roland Francis Stephen, Vehicle of influence: building a European car market...the Commission was aware of the anticonsumer effects of market segmentation...

Which is entirely different from...

Anti-consumerism is a sociopolitical ideology opposed to consumerism, which discourages ever-growing purchasing and consumption of material possessions.

The option misleads consumers into buying a version of the game that expires with PS+ subscription by dressing it up as a typical PS+ discount. This is why the "Just pay 10 more dollars" excuse is invalid. It was advertised as purchasing the full game with a PS+ discount. Ergo it is opposing the consumer a la anticonsumer practices. In fact, Sony themselves realized the issue and rectified it, essentially admitting that they themselves thought the option was opposing consumers, which means any attempts to defend the now defuct option are MOOT.

This incident happened in May of this year. I only necroed it to show the irony that once again people are white knighting defending Sony's mistake, since they are ultimately responsible for making sure the game goes up on PS+, and making excuses such as if you didn't buy it, you don't matter and Sony never promised it would be in PS+. Its eerily reminiscent of the defense of the post E3 Xbox One.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Imaginedvl said:

anticonsumer (comparative more anticonsumersuperlative most anticonsumer)

1. Opposing the consumer [quotations ▲]
    • 2000, Roland Francis Stephen, Vehicle of influence: building a European car market...the Commission was aware of the anticonsumer effects of market segmentation...

Which is entirely different from...

Anti-consumerism is a sociopolitical ideology opposed to consumerism, which discourages ever-growing purchasing and consumption of material possessions.

The option misleads consumers into buying a version of the game that expires with PS+ subscription by dressing it up as a typical PS+ discount. This is why the "Just pay 10 more dollars" excuse is invalid. It was advertised as purchasing the full game with a PS+ discount. Ergo it is opposing the consumer a la anticonsumer practices. In fact, Sony themselves realized the issue and rectified it, essentially admitting that they themselves thought the option was opposing consumers, which means any attempts to defend the now defuct option are MOOT.

This incident happened in May of this year. I only necroed it to show the irony that once again people are white knighting defending Sony's mistake, since they are ultimately responsible for making sure the game goes up on PS+, and making excuses such as if you didn't buy it, you don't matter and Sony never promised it would be in PS+. Its eerily reminiscent of the defense of the post E3 Xbox One.

Yes, like I said overrused. And nothing in this is anti-consumer; a bit misleading maybe but that's it. 

Is there a full download version at full price on PSN for the full game with no limitation?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Imaginedvl said:

Yes, like I said overrused. And nothing in this is anti-consumer; a bit misleading maybe but that's it. 

And this is the crux of the argument.

Is being misleading good for the consumer? Cause surely it affects the consumer in some way.

Moonhero said:
Is there a full download version at full price on PSN for the full game with no limitation?

This is no longer the case. Article outdated. You no longer need ps plus active.