By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Max King of the Wild said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

look, you can be a hypocrite. I for one do not care if it is Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. 

It does not require much imagination to see why this option is bad, sets a bad prescedent, and exploits consumer ignorance.

I have explained it time and time again. The upgrade is advertised as a discounted retail game, you do not own it, you only have access to it with PS+. This is DRM plain and simple. It exploits the consumer ignorance of this policy, especially when every other ps+ game that has been discounted is actually owned. It sets a prescedent of simply calling downloaded games DLC, so Sony controls your ability to access it despite its price tag. The DLC argument is weak because not only is it only 10$ cheaper than the full retail, but it is not avaliable on the retail edition, I would buy the DLC argument if it was simply advertised as DLC rather than the "full driveclub experience" however.

Its ok to bash MS when "MS preys on Consumer Ignorance" but when Sony does the exact same thing, its time go into defense mode. #DoubleStandard #hypocritical

And the worst thing is, the solution is relatively simple. Send Yoshida a tweet, if I'm right he'll fix it, if I'm wrong he'll clarify it. 

But I know I'm right, that's why I will never let it go.

And I don't care if its bannable as you claim, if you ever think I will let this hypocrisy go, than try me.

or

you can see the light and understand that I'm only criticing the existence of this option, not Sony or PS+, and that this option is not only bad but their are reasonable alternatives to it as well. 

The only difference between this option being a 50$ dlc and a 10$ retail discount, is that the former requires plus and the latter doesn't. Both can require plus to purchase, but when its access its DRM.

The plus requirement is disingenous and fools consumers with its "lower" price tag.

It's simple reasoning, and everyone who has tried to defend this have ignored these key facts. Because when you  understand them, the only way you could possibly defend this is if you beleive that Sony can do no wrong.

Its quite enlightening to see many Sony Fans turn on me the moment I critize a mistake by one of there devs, but when I'm bashing Ninty or MS, I get quoted and thread ed. I expected as much, but its still surprising how much logic, reason, and objectivism goes out the window when some is talking about your favorite brand.

I'm not gonna read that much of flawed logic but I think you should go look at a dictionary.

So you refuse to even consider the possibility that you are wrong instead dismissing my logic as flawed because it rustles your jimmies?

I hope you realize how quotable your post is...

f.y.i

Full Definition of HYPOCRITE

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
hypocrite adjective

Examples of HYPOCRITE

1. the hypocrites who criticize other people for not voting but who don't always vote themselves
  2. We can learn a good deal about the manners and morals of the times from Lautrec, for he was neither a hypocrite nor a sentimentalist, and there is a matter-of-fact-ness about his vision … that precludes both nostalgia and prurience. —Elizabeth Cowling, Times Literary Supplement, 8 Nov. 1991

Origin of HYPOCRITE

Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
First Known Use: 13th century

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

So you refuse to even consider the possibility that you are wrong instead dismissing my logic as flawed because it rustles your jimmies?

Its definitly just you as nearly everyone without an agenda has tried telling you

@max whats the difference between the upgraded version for ps plus and the normal digital package since boht provide the full package. The only difference is one is 10 dollars cheaper and you don't own the game. Isn't it better just to pay 10 bucks more , by buying normally through psn store instead of buying from psn plus?

Max King of the Wild said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Its definitly just you as nearly everyone without an agenda has tried telling you

Please enlighten me to what agenda I have? I fancy a good laugh.

You are either willfully ignorant of the issue or completely aware of it and defending it regardless. Either way, that's your perogative.

You can pull all the 180's you want, I for one will remain consistent.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:
it's just an option
buy the full game if you don't want the limitation
save 10 bucks if you don't mind the limitation

simple. No problem.

Buy all the character's if you don't want to only play Jago

save money if you don't mind only playing Jago

simple. No problem.

Cant even play with Jago if your subscription isnt active ;)

Around the Network

You play the PS+ ''free edition''. If you like it. Buy the full game, and do not upgrade from it.
Quite simple.

dane007 said:
@max whats the difference between the upgraded version for ps plus and the normal digital package since boht provide the full package. The only difference is one is 10 dollars cheaper and you don't own the game. Isn't it better just to pay 10 bucks more , by buying normally through psn store instead of buying from psn plus?

What's the dfference? For ps+ members when you DL a free game that game is tied to your ps+ subscription. When it runs out you can't play the game anymore because playing it is a privilage for being a member. In this particulr case you are DL a free "light" version of the game which is tied to the membership. Then you have an option of paying to acess the rest of the content. However, the "light" version is still tied to the account so when the subscription lapses you can't access it anymore due to the reasons described above. The digital version is like everything else on the store. You buy it and you have it forever.

Isn't it better you ask? Why, for me it is. For you though? you have to answer that. It might not be better for everyone and thus Sony giving us options to pick the one that suits our needs. That is anything BUT anti consumer. Is it a bad deal? In my opinion yes. But that doesnt make it anti consumer. I think cheeseburgers at McDonalds are bad deals but those arnt anti consumer

Only bad thing about this is I think a lot of consumers will get burned on this without researching it first. Most uninformed will assume the upgrade is just like buying any PSN/XBL title. I think people will(and are) complain(ing). Sony will change this if it is even true.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

@max i asked that because their logic is not very smart. if they wanted to everyone to play,, all they had to do was to give a free demo to both psn plus and non ps plus members and if they liked it ,, then they can either purchase through the stores or at retail. This would have been a much easier and simpler solution. Heck they could have done it the way KI did it . That would have worked well . Or they could have given free lite version to psn plus version and if you like it ,, you can go to the store and buy it. The upgrade idea where its tied to your psn account is completely unecessary and stupid IMO

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
Either this is a huge misunderstanding or typical of when they think they can get away with something they will.

I'll wait until they clear this up before saying too much.

Its a misunderstanding. The full games price is $60, but if you have PSN+ you can try the game for free with ten cars, ten tracks and all the options and if you decide to buy its ten bucks off.

Right, but they are saying you can't play anymore if you get the $10 off version and let your PS+ subscribtion expire.  That's terrible if it's true.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!