Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire announced

Fusioncode said:

Gen 1 - Red/Blue

Gen 2 - Gold/Silver

Gen 3 - Ruby/Sapphire

Gen 4 - Diamond/Pearl

Gen 5 -Black/White

Gen 6 - X/Y

Yeah so... you played Gen 4 -> Gen 5 -> Gen 3 if this was the one that brought you back into the series?

I played 1 -> 2 and then had lost interest by 3.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Conegamer said:
V-r0cK said:
Great news but wish Nintendo gave the Wii U some Pokemon love.

Don;t forget Pokken Fighters...that's a maybe.

I'm still waiting for one valid excuse from anyone as to why home consoles can't have a mainline Pokemon RPG.

GameFreak argues they want the game to stay hand held to make it as social as possible. Sucks that X and Y has poor street pass function compared to other games. Their online is great.

Speaking of street pass, I'm hoping for secret base street pass functionality!

V-r0cK said:

Yay another Pokemon home console game that no fans asked for.  Does Nintendo have some contract stating that they cant create a main Pokemon RPG game on home consoles like they do for their handhelds?  Or do they feel that it could hurt the franchise and Nintendo's handheld market?

Just seems like Nintendo would rather go broke before making fans a home console Pokemon RPG and/or Pokemon MMO (then again, Nintendo doesn't believe strongly in online play).

I really wish people would realize that this will never happen. A good MMO takes a LOT of time and money to create. If Nintendo were to ever decide to make one, it would take 3 years minimum, and that if development goes smoothly. There is also no way in hell that Nintnedos servers would be able to handle an MMO. It's simply too risky, and the money would be better spent elsewhere.

It would be better to release it with next nintendo portable. But not bad decision. Good for 3ds owners.

brendude13 said:
There's a huge gap in the Pokemon games I have played, starting with Emerald / Sapphire.

Day 1, can't wait.

I hope they don't follow the X / Y formula though.

Hell no :p And these games will definitely be different, out of all pair games i found these to be the best in terms of exclusives imo! Remakes, possible sequels? Is that mega's on the box art or just sexy designs :0

Around the Network

I don't get it. I mean I get it as a remake but why pretend that it's something new?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

tbone51 said:
brendude13 said:
There's a huge gap in the Pokemon games I have played, starting with Emerald / Sapphire.

Day 1, can't wait.

I hope they don't follow the X / Y formula though.

Hell no :p And these games will definitely be different, out of all pair games i found these to be the best in terms of exclusives imo! Remakes, possible sequels? Is that mega's on the box art or just sexy designs :0

In terms of exclusives?

I don't see there being a sequel. I thought they would have started with Red / Blue at least.

I was wondering what besides Smash the 3DS had going for it this year.

This will suffice, at least so far as sales are concerned.

Love and tolerate.

So... No character customization then?

Fapp Fap Fap!!!! Day 1 purchase

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850