By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I was right. 3DS sold > shipped

Pavolink said:
3DS succesor for Holiday 2015 and there isn't any argument about how this is a bad idea. Numbers have spoken.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Pavolink said:
3DS succesor for Holiday 2015 and there isn't any argument about how this is a bad idea. Numbers have spoken.

2016 is for their homeconsole.

2015 for handheld.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

supernihilist said:

i hope you realize how pathetic this thread is

the words Atention whore come to my mind...

how funny you only seem to care about Nintendo when negativity is dominant towards them. you threads are always Nintendo bashing fests. you never made a positive one.

your bias and stealth trolling are disgusting to say the least. i dont know how youre still allowed here...well i guess this is ashitty place to begin with.

my fault for expecting smthing from internet fanboys lol

i wish i could punch you in the face...a man can dream

Moderated - Kresnik.

Because it isn't trolling? Do you even know what site this is? I'll spell it out for you. V.G.C.H.A.R.T.Z

All my threads are on topic, to do with sales and I try to make them as factual as I possibly can. I find talking about 3DS and WiiU the most exciting, not only because it's unprecedented but because Nintendo offer a lot more info than MS and Sony do.

Nintendo very rarely have any positive sales news for me to post? And the rare times they do it's posted by somebody else.

Pavolink said:
superchunk said:
Pavolink said:

2016 is for their homeconsole.

2015 for handheld.

Nah. I think they combined their portable/home console divisions on purpose. They recognize that in various parts of the world home console ownership (japan) is dying as well as portable ownership (the west due to phones).

Therefore a one for all type of system that offers 100% of games from a central server type of home console through portable like controllers and/or on TV with cheap regular controllers is a good path to follow.

I see something along these lines announced in 2015 but possibly not launched until 2016. Also makes more sense when you figure the bigger games still in development for WiiU right now like Zelda/SSB/X/etc and the time it takes to make new games for a new console.

Seece said:
supernihilist said:

i hope you realize how pathetic this thread is

the words Atention whore come to my mind...

how funny you only seem to care about Nintendo when negativity is dominant towards them. you threads are always Nintendo bashing fests. you never made a positive one.

your bias and stealth trolling are disgusting to say the least. i dont know how youre still allowed here...well i guess this is ashitty place to begin with.

my fault for expecting smthing from internet fanboys lol

i wish i could punch you in the face...a man can dream

Moderated - Kresnik.

Because it isn't trolling? Do you even know what site this is? I'll spell it out for you. V.G.C.H.A.R.T.Z

All my threads are on topic, to do with sales and I try to make them as factual as I possibly can. I find talking about 3DS and WiiU the most exciting, not only because it's unprecedented but because Nintendo offer a lot more info than MS and Sony do.

Nintendo very rarely have any positive sales news for me to post? And the rare times they do it's posted by somebody else.

Come on supernihilist, this thread is about knowing how right Seece is. It says so in the title. Get on topic.
Oh Seece you're so right. We love to sing your praises.

Now on to the second part of the title...
It's hard to be disappointed compared to the Vita, but I'm disappointed. 3DS is a fantastic handheld with fantastic games, if it's lifecycle gets shortened due to these dropping sales I may not get to see the volume of titles I enjoyed from second and third parties on the DS, however. Which is a real shame because after last year it could have been on the road to surpassing even DS's quality.

Around the Network

Euphoria, I don't understand how you can play iOS games and actually think they're good. I'm a self hating iOS gamer, because I have nothing else. They're just about all awful, but I still play them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Barenziah said:
how many weeks did 3DS win this year because it doesn't appear it was being this overtracked

A lot of the overtracking dates back to last year.  It was just masked by large shipment numbers.  Now, the overtracking has gotten too big, and the shipments too small to not make it obvious.  At the end of December last year, it was likely overtracked by around a million.  That is despite shipments being nearly a million higher than VGC's sales numbers.

In the history of vgchartz over the years, they have had sold higher than shipped with
NINTENDO
the DS the Wii and the 3DS
MS
nothing
Sony
nothing

Apparently only the PS4 is selling over 100k a week WW... quite atrocious.