By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I was right. 3DS sold > shipped

Seece said:
Mobile gaming > dedicated handheld :P

I do hope we get Pokemon on iOS soon tho :( I don't think it'll happen unfortunately.

You put that emoticon afterwards but you aren't exactly lying.

People praised Bravely Default, but there is no reason it couldn't have been on my iPhone. RPGs play incredibly well on touch screen devices.

As for Pokemon, the only thing that would worry me is that it will go from a 2 version game to a 1-version game with IAP in order to get additional Pokemon, although I won't lie to you, I would happily pay $1.00extra to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Y instead of having to complete the game first.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:

I do hope we get Pokemon on iOS soon tho :( I don't think it'll happen unfortunately.

People praised Bravely Default, but there is no reason it couldn't have been on my iPhone. RPGs play incredibly well on touch screen devices.

As for Pokemon, the only thing that would worry me is that it will go from a 2 version game to a 1-version game with IAP in order to get additional Pokemon, although I won't lie to you, I would happily pay $1.00extra to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Y instead of having to complete the game first.

I'm definitely serious yeah, had my iPad for a day and the gaming on it is fantastic fun. At the end of the day mobile/portable gaming to me should be short fun games for on the go, and it offers that brilliantly. Not saying it can't do the more in depth games, I just think they're suited to PC and Consoles more.

And yeah, one thing I dislike is IAP and F2P and all that jazz, I just wanna buy the game outright, one advantage dedicated handhelds have right now.

Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:

I'm definitely serious yeah, had my iPad for a day and the gaming on it is fantastic fun. At the end of the day mobile/portable gaming to me should be short fun games for on the go, and it offers that brilliantly. Not saying it can't do the more in depth games, I just think they're suited to PC and Consoles more.

And yeah, one thing I dislike is IAP and F2P and all that jazz, I just wanna buy the game outright, one advantage dedicated handhelds have right now.

Square-Enix have good luck selling $15-$20 full scale titles, so maybe those aren't too far off, although if you search you will find plenty. Even many of those free games with tons of IAP can be played without spending any cash.

$17 for FFVI + Achievements + all GBA content, upgrades gameplay (Cyan is FINALLY useful!!!) AND top notch audio quality? You bet your ass I bought that game the first day.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

3DS succesor for Holiday 2015 and there isn't any argument about how this is a bad idea. Numbers have spoken.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
3DS succesor for Holiday 2015 and there isn't any argument about how this is a bad idea. Numbers have spoken.

I'm seeing the Fusion on it's way... since Nintendo also isn't betting on saving WiiU, with the 3.6 this fiscal year forecast, even if they project it will sell 3.5 million units FY ending 2016... it will only have 13 million units sold through this time two years from now.

They better innovate and come cheap.

Around the Network
Skidonti said:
Pavolink said:

I'm seeing the Fusion on it's way... since Nintendo also isn't betting on saving WiiU, with the 3.6 this fiscal year forecast, even if they project it will sell 3.5 million units FY ending 2016... it will only have 13 million units sold through this time two years from now.

They better innovate and come cheap.

Yep. Fusion is very near. There's no way they can survive with these sales.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

i hope you realize how pathetic this thread is

the words Atention whore come to my mind...

how funny you only seem to care about Nintendo when negativity is dominant towards them. you threads are always Nintendo bashing fests. you never made a positive one.

your bias and stealth trolling are disgusting to say the least. i dont know how youre still allowed here...well i guess this is ashitty place to begin with.

my fault for expecting smthing from internet fanboys lol

i wish i could punch you in the face...a man can dream

Moderated - Kresnik.

bubblegamer said:
Rogerioandrade said:
VG Chartz numbers are just estimates.
What really matter are the official manufacturer numbers on its financial reports

It's still down yoy, no matter what your source is.

And still the best seller handheld, no matter what your source is...

supernihilist said:

i hope you realize how pathetic this thread is

the words Atention whore come to my mind...

how funny you only seem to care about Nintendo when negativity is dominant towards them. you threads are always Nintendo bashing fests. you never made a positive one.

your bias and stealth trolling are disgusting to say the least. i dont know how youre still allowed here...well i guess this is ashitty place to begin with.

my fault for expecting smthing from internet fanboys lol

i wish i could punch you in the face...a man can dream

Moderated - Kresnik.

Well. that was a little too much, but it´s a fact that some users are always in desperate need of  negative Nintendo threads, even when the information or the issue of the discussion is  pointless. 

kowenicki said:
I did say here years ago that dedicated handhelds were in serious trouble... I was ridiculed.

I think only Kitler53 agreed with me back then. Now its so obvious.

I sort of agreed with you. I always knew Sony would die off (on portables) but figured Nintendo IPs would make sure it remained very high. With this type of drop off considering the game catalog 3DS has plus its good price point... can't deny it futher. phones/tablets are ruining portable gaming.