By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project "Beast", possibly Demon's Souls 2, What do you think?

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

Xenostar said:

Why do you want an area that you need to load in and out of constantly instead of a seemless world, HUB worlds are fails born out of lack of tech or time.

If youve played Dark souls 2, Majula feels just like the Nexus, a safe place where all the NPC's gather and a woman in a cloak that levels you up and controls the story.

From Software have moved beyond disjointed worlds, they wont go back to that even in a demons souls 2.

I didn't played Dark Souls 2 because I didn't liked Dark Souls... and a Nexus is cool and works in a better way... I love it.

If this game is a Demon's Souls sequel then it will have a Nexus for sure... they won't make the same mistake again.

You're one of only few who think it was a "mistake".

You don't like that approach sure, but calling it a mistake just because you didn't like it seems kind of ridiculous since lots of people prefer an open connected world.

Around the Network

I think it's good to finally get the third true souls game made by the real souls team and not a secondary team like Dark Souls 2

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Talal said:
ethomaz said:

Xenostar said:

Why do you want an area that you need to load in and out of constantly instead of a seemless world, HUB worlds are fails born out of lack of tech or time.

If youve played Dark souls 2, Majula feels just like the Nexus, a safe place where all the NPC's gather and a woman in a cloak that levels you up and controls the story.

From Software have moved beyond disjointed worlds, they wont go back to that even in a demons souls 2.

I didn't played Dark Souls 2 because I didn't liked Dark Souls... and a Nexus is cool and works in a better way... I love it.

If this game is a Demon's Souls sequel then it will have a Nexus for sure... they won't make the same mistake again.

You don't like that approach sure, but calling it a mistake just because you didn't like it seems kind of ridiculous since lots of people prefer an open connected world.

His whole problem is with the lack of world tendencys on Dark Souls, and some how he associated that with the lack of a hub world. World tendency was just a very convoluted mechanic and From did away with it exactly because of that, it never had anythign to do with the inexistence of a hub world.

Talal said:
ethomaz said:

Xenostar said:

i'm 50/50 on the matter.

i think i'd prefer an open interconnected world like in dark souls,... but i wasn't happy with the open interconnected world in dark souls.   primarily i didn't like that they broke the world into the pre-bell and post-bell parts.  it seems like it should be a good idea but the execution wasn't great.

in the end i'd say i prefer the layout of demon's souls to that of dark souls.  demon's souls just felt better.  the worlds were laid out better.  the challenges were more varied and unique and challenging and fun. 

in dark souls i re-rolled about half way through the game and capped myself at level 17 just to keep things challenging.   i got through the entire game and 3/4 of ng+ at level 17.   sololing ornstien and smoug in ng+ at level 17 was really really hard.  demon's souls hard.   dark souls was just such a nerf...

and OT,..

..super excited for project beast.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

i'm 50/50 on the matter.

i think i'd prefer an open interconnected world like in dark souls,... but i wasn't happy with the open interconnected world in dark souls.   primarily i didn't like that they broke the world into the pre-bell and post-bell parts.  it seems like it should be a good idea but the execution wasn't great.

in the end i'd say i prefer the layout of demon's souls to that of dark souls.  demon's souls just felt better.  the worlds were laid out better.  the challenges were more varied and unique and challenging and fun. 

in dark souls i re-rolled about half way through the game and capped myself at level 17 just to keep things challenging.   i got through the entire game and 3/4 of ng+ at level 17.   sololing ornstien and smoug in ng+ at level 17 was really really hard.  demon's souls hard.   dark souls was just such a nerf...

That's totally fair. I love Demon's Souls and I understand people thinking it's better, but I disagree with calling Dark Souls' approach a "mistake".

Anyway, Project Beast looks very interesting with the shotgun and all! But hopefully they don't change too much :p

ethomaz said:

Xenostar said:

lol, ive never heard anyone miss having a force loading HUB world, but Dark Souls 2 is pretty close to that if its what you like, an area that you always have to teleport back to, to see a woman in a cloak to level up and is full of NPCS to buy stuff from.

You need a Nexus hub if you want worlds tendencies... each world have it own tendencie because it is not the same world... Demon's Souls works better than Dark Souls because that... you don't have a big open world but but a lot of open worlds not related to each other so the tendencies and what happened in each world is unique to that world.

Dark Souls failed for me because lacks what makes Demon's Souls unique and amazing.

The habilitie to get your souls back when died works better on Demon's Souls too.

I can't see anybody that wish a Demon's Souls 2 with only a big open world... Demon's Souls 2 needs to have a lot of worlds, unique and different from each other with even more tendencies changes/differences per world.

The PvP and Coop works way better in Demon's Souls too because the Nexus... it was not because From Software lacked skill to make a Open World game that they created Nexus but because it is the best and more innovative way for a game like Demon's Souls works... they couldn't use that in Dark Souls because they will get sued by Sony due similarities with Demon's Souls.

So in Dark Souls they removed the unique and amazing features owned by Demon's Souls IP (Sony)... so they create a generic WRPG open-world game.

From Software can't use the Demon's Souls features in Dark Souls... so Dark Souls will never catch Demon's Souls... it is always be a stepback franchise.

Except that is silly, wrong and from could do anything they want with the franchise as they are all set on the foundation of the King's Field games that they made well before Demon's souls was a thing.

Soriku said:

I highly doubt they'll bring back the "pick a World" in Demon's again. The interconnected world is a natural step and more impressive/ambitious. It's the way to go.

The only way I realistically see it coming back is if the game had a theme of fighting in different ages/times, but that would feel a bit too Assassin's Creedish so I don't see that happening. You never know though.

It is a fair response guys.

But what I loved in Demon's Souls was the world tendencies that changed the world/fell and even gameplay... and how the PvP and Coop worked.

There is no way to these things worked well if you made a open-world interconnected game... you need to have different worlds separated to have different tendencies to each other.

And there is nothing confuse...

1) Die and the world goes 1 level black
2) Beat it and the world goes 1 level white

* Beat defecting the boss (the first time only) and the world goes full white level.
* Killing red phantons make the world goes 1 or 3 level white too (I don't remember).

Soriku said:
ethomaz said:
It is a fair response guys.

But what I loved in Demon's Souls was the world tendencies that changed the world/fell and even gameplay... and how the PvP and Coop worked.

There is no way to these things worked well if you made a open-world interconnected game... you need to have different worlds separated to have different tendencies to each other.

And there is nothing confuse...

1) Die and the world goes 1 level black
2) Beat it and the world goes 1 level white

* Beat defecting the boss (you can do only one time) and the world goes full white level.

The worlds don't change that much. A red phantom and a few new things here and there, but not a big difference.

This. I never found world tendencies to be that big a deal. From kind of incorporated the feature into NG+ for Dark Souls 2. I think it's a better way of going about it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!