By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
DerNebel said:
In other news, someone on reddit (claims to have) played the first 2 hours of the Order at a press event and has done a little AMA on the PS4 subreddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2toh6x/just_played_the_first_two_hours_of_the_order_1886/

I read that and I don't know If i believe it, none of what he has shared sounds "new" or insightful compared to what we know. One of the descriptions even sounded like the PSX demo and that's definitely not in the first two hours nor do I see why he'd go straight to that part in case it was. The cynical in me says he just played the PSX demo and is trying to act as if it was something more than that for attention's sake

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Yeah, it should be noted that this list is not a list of all Sony WWS projects according to Verendus. But I also think that aside from another Killzone from Guerrilla Cambridge there won't be a new exclusive FPS game from Sony for now.

Doesn't really bother me personally though, never really been into FPS's.

i love FPS's though i am over CoD and didnt really like battlefield. im left with Destiny and Farcry. which this year both released and i enjoyed destiny a lot, and am loving farcry. but next year seems empty for me when it comes to FPS games. this year had a lot of FPS games, next year lots of TPS. (uncharted, order, division). 

id like another big FPS game from Sony, see their take on it. 

DerNebel said:
In other news, someone on reddit (claims to have) played the first 2 hours of the Order at a press event and has done a little AMA on the PS4 subreddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2toh6x/just_played_the_first_two_hours_of_the_order_1886/

I was just looking at that too. AI seems to be the main problem, which is what has been written elsewhere.  He sounds positive overall, but it is just one random guy

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, it should be noted that this list is not a list of all Sony WWS projects according to Verendus. But I also think that aside from another Killzone from Guerrilla Cambridge there won't be a new exclusive FPS game from Sony for now.

i love FPS's though i am over CoD and didnt really like battlefield. im left with Destiny and Farcry. which this year both released and i enjoyed destiny a lot, and am loving farcry. but next year seems empty for me when it comes to FPS games. this year had a lot of FPS games, next year lots of TPS. (uncharted, order, division). 

Outside of Cod and Battlefield, Rainbow Six is the only big FPS on PS4 next year, at least that I can think of.  I'm not sure about that game personally

celador said:

Mercenary was my favourite Killzone.  I hope GG Cambridge have been given the chance to do their own Killzone on PS4, and leave the main studio completely focused on Horizon

id like GG would have started with another new IP as well, and remain a 2 team studio. even if its just a really small team making it, at least get started on something else. i really like the studio and want them to expand into a 2 team studio all the time. maybe make another FPS IP.

IMO i would like cambridge to either go back the KZ2 roots for their next game, or make another completely different killzone. open world, Farcry x killzone. of course, with a strong focuz on warzones and PvP too. 

in Shadow Fall the helghan city looked really awesome, imagine that open world? would be really cool IMO. they could do a lot of cool stuff. ride those torrents in open spaces, mechs fighting mechs in open world combat. awesome guns, awesome cars and vehicles, jet packs. all in an HUGE open world with lots of random stuff. attack and conquer helgan bases with them, defend those bases. 

fuck, now i actually want an open world killzone with mechs, riding torrents, jeckpacks and helgan bases and shit. 

Around the Network
celador said:
bananaking21 said:

Outside of Cod and Battlefield, Rainbow Six is the only big FPS on PS4 next year, at least that I can think of.  I'm not sure about that game personally

id really like it if i had the time dedicated to it. i like strategy a lot when playing FPS games. (love the hostage mission in farcry where i take my time, think it through and make my own strategy and back up plan). even though its limited in FC4 in a way. but i dont have time to find other players, make a team, communicate with them and organize it. i usually game when i have the free time, i dont just decide when before hand. 

there will be an FPS battlefront game from EA this year in the holidays most likely. 90% chance. but its a starwars game and a dice game. not into either. 

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

Well Planetside 2 is coming, but other than that it looks kinda empty in regards to FPS, if rumours are to be believed (though those might've been debunked already) then SSM cancelled game might've been an FPS, it was said that the game was similar to Destiny.

But overall I don't see much creativity in the FPS genre, at least when it comes to single player, and I don't see Sony throwing another game in a ring that's already pretty crowded overall.

bananaking21 said:
celador said:

Mercenary was my favourite Killzone.  I hope GG Cambridge have been given the chance to do their own Killzone on PS4, and leave the main studio completely focused on Horizon

id like GG would have started with another new IP as well, and remain a 2 team studio. even if its just a really small team making it, at least get started on something else. i really like the studio and want them to expand into a 2 team studio all the time. maybe make another FPS IP.

IMO i would like cambridge to either go back the KZ2 roots for their next game, or make another completely different killzone. open world, Farcry x killzone. of course, with a strong focuz on warzones and PvP too. 

in Shadow Fall the helghan city looked really awesome, imagine that open world? would be really cool IMO. they could do a lot of cool stuff. ride those torrents in open spaces, mechs fighting mechs in open world combat. awesome guns, awesome cars and vehicles, jet packs. all in an HUGE open world with lots of random stuff. attack and conquer helgan bases with them, defend those bases. 

fuck, now i actually want an open world killzone with mechs, riding torrents, jeckpacks and helgan bases and shit. 

An open world Killzone would certainly be interesting.  It wouldn't have to be revolutionary in any way, some decent side missions and a big varied world, backed up by some tight gunplay, would be good enough.  But would they trust something like that to Cambridge?  Going from a linear Vita game to a big open world console game is a big jump.  Perhaps they could work in collaboration with a smaller team at the main studio.

That studio is certainly one to watch right now though.  Horizon seems to suggest their scope and ambition is growing.

Roronaa_chan said:
DerNebel said:

I read that and I don't know If i believe it, none of what he has shared sounds "new" or insightful compared to what we know. One of the descriptions even sounded like the PSX demo and that's definitely not in the first two hours nor do I see why he'd go straight to that part in case it was. The cynical in me says he just played the PSX demo and is trying to act as if it was something more than that for attention's sake

You might be right, you always have to take these things with a pinch of salt.  Shame we have to wait another four weeks for proper news, I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced and really want to know how it has turned out

I'm trying to think about what an FPS would have to be like for me to be interested in it.

It definitely shouldn't have a real world setting neither in the past, present or near future. Actually I really like the setting and design of the Killzone franchise and it does still have some potential, it's just that its gameplay seems to have been pretty formularic until now.

The Bananas suggestion of open world would definitely help working against that, what I'd personally also work on would be enemy variety, I only played Killzone 3 but it bothered me a lot that I was on this alien planet but all I ever got to fight were space nazis aside from a couple instances, give me some crazy creatures to fight, that maybe need some new strategies to defeat.

Basically it sounds like I'd like to see a Killzone Far Cry Edition.