By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

So according to Verendus on Gaf we'll probably get 3 (sorta) big RPGs announced this year that Sony is at least involved with (so all exclusive), 2 JRPGs and the obvious Horizon.

Anyone excited?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149163140&postcount=226

Oh and actually most of the games he's hinting at here will supposedly be announced this year and aside from the already announced Drawn to Death they'll all be retail.

Around the Network

^^ Was just starting to read that thread.

If three exclusive RPGs are announced this year, that would be incredible. One would be GG's Horizon, and the other two JRPGs. Hopefully one is a collaboration with Level 5, either for Ni No Kuni 2 or a Dark Cloud reboot. One is from Sony Japan apparently, and suggestions are it is a really big project.

Those 2 jrps..
one is the Level 5 exclusive
other is from Japan Studio, new IP, attempt at making a big new RPG. So they have WRPG covered with Horizon and JRPG with that new one.

They are covering pretty much every genre and sub genre which is great

Same guy also said Sly 5 is coming either this year or the next.

Not massive, but I always considered them good AA games

Sony/Sega collaboration is also interesting. I'm not aware of them working together recently.

Also disappointed there doesn't seem to be a Platinum exclusive on the horizon. Everyone else gets one, only seems fair. Sony should approach them at least, it's not like they need massive budgets for their games.

Around the Network
celador said:
^^ Was just starting to read that thread.

If three exclusive RPGs are announced this year, that would be incredible. One would be GG's Horizon, and the other two JRPGs. Hopefully one is a collaboration with Level 5, either for Ni No Kuni 2 or a Dark Cloud reboot. One is from Sony Japan apparently, and suggestions are it is a really big project.

Well there was that comment that the Level 5 dude made about releasing a new game that is "going to be bigger than Yokai Watch" this year and that they are going to be announcing a PS4 game at E3, so the whole thing kinda fits doesn't it? Maybe the really big game is the collaboration with Level 5?

Maybe the other one is a collaboration with Sega, that's mentioned as well.

DerNebel said:

So according to Verendus on Gaf we'll probably get 3 (sorta) big RPGs announced this year that Sony is at least involved with (so all exclusive), 2 JRPGs and the obvious Horizon.

Anyone excited?

Oh and actually most of the games he's hinting at here will supposedly be announced this year and aside from the already announced Drawn to Death they'll all be retail.

very excited for Horizon, ever since Killzone 3 i wanted GG to make a new IP. 

its also interesting to see that from what we know, no Sony first party dev is making an FPS. maybe guerrilla cambridge will be making another killzone, but other than that we know nothing about an exlusive FPS from sony. i think this is a mistake btw. 

Sony should try push out a new ambitios FPS IP with a strong focus on multiplayer and single player. maybe one for project morphous?

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

Anyone excited?

its also interesting to see that from what we know, no Sony first party dev is making an FPS. maybe guerrilla cambridge will be making another killzone, but other than that we know nothing about an exlusive FPS from sony. i think this is a mistake btw. 

Sony should try push out a new ambitios FPS IP with a strong focus on multiplayer and single player. maybe one for project morphous?

Yeah, it should be noted that this list is not a list of all Sony WWS projects according to Verendus. But I also think that aside from another Killzone from Guerrilla Cambridge there won't be a new exclusive FPS game from Sony for now.

Doesn't really bother me personally though, never really been into FPS's.

In other news, someone on reddit (claims to have) played the first 2 hours of the Order at a press event and has done a little AMA on the PS4 subreddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2toh6x/just_played_the_first_two_hours_of_the_order_1886/

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

Anyone excited?

Mercenary was my favourite Killzone.  I hope GG Cambridge have been given the chance to do their own Killzone on PS4, and leave the main studio completely focused on Horizon