By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

The feeling when you survive the destruction Derby in DriveClub online.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network

The Evil Within has the worst first chapter in a game I've witnessed in years. The game is ridiculous, I should upload a video to show how easy and stupidly you can die in this game.

They force you to walk extremely slow because you're hurt, the guy walks with a chainsaw in a circle when you get to the other room, it's nearly impossible to get passed him.

Some of the worst camera angles, zooms in too much and and doesn't allow you to see anything.

So far, judging by this first chapter, it's hard to believe anyone scored this game over a 7. But who knows, I may just like it later on. But this game is off to a really bad start.

cannonballZ said:
The Evil Within has the worst first chapter in a game I've witnessed in years. The game is ridiculous, I should upload a video to show how easy and stupidly you can die in this game.

They force you to walk extremely slow because you're hurt, the guy walks with a chainsaw in a circle when you get to the other room, it's nearly impossible to get passed him.

Some of the worst camera angles, zooms in too much and and doesn't allow you to see anything.

So far, judging by this first chapter, it's hard to believe anyone scored this game over a 7. But who knows, I may just like it later on. But this game is off to a really bad start.

Apparently reviewers were sent a manual with the game and told to play it on easy.  Some have said that playing the game on anything other than easy leads to a lot of cheap deaths.

That isn't confirmed yet, but I was looking forward to the game and now I don't know whether or not to get it.  I may wait until it is really cheap.

celador said:

Apparently reviewers were sent a manual with the game and told to play it on easy.  Some have said that playing the game on anything other than easy leads to a lot of cheap deaths.

That isn't confirmed yet, but I was looking forward to the game and now I don't know whether or not to get it.  I may wait until it is really cheap.

Yea, I started the game on Survival, but I think I am going to try easy mode to see if there is a difference. I am not liking this game right now, the AI is cheap and stupid. They give you no weapon whatsoever in the beginning, you have to limp across the entire chapter and try to sneak by enemies with eye balls on their necks apparently. 

I don't want to say this game is a total waste, I will return and give more of my opinion once I play through the game a bit.

cannonballZ said:

Really? I've watched a couple of streams and the game seems old school but pretty great. It's hard yeah, but in a good way more often than not. I think it may get better after the more scripted 1 chapter.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
eFKac said:

Really? I've watched a couple of streams and the game seems old school but pretty great. It's hard yeah, but in a good way more often than not. I think it may get better after the more scripted 1 chapter.

I really hope so, this first chapter is brutal. The game feels difficult for all the wrong reasons- controls, camera angles, cheap AI. 

I love survival horror games and I'm still hoping for the best with it. I think I should have put in Alien Isolation first though.

cannonballZ said:
eFKac said:

I really hope so, this first chapter is brutal. The game feels difficult for all the wrong reasons- controls, camera angles, cheap AI. 

I love survival horror games and I'm still hoping for the best with it. I think I should have put in Alien Isolation first though.

Not saying it's not, as I haven't played, but it really looked good. Hopefully it gets better for you!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Not saying it's not, as I haven't played, but it really looked good. Hopefully it gets better for you!

So far this first chapter is really stupid. It's hard to get passed the guy with the chainsaw. I am saving video clips, I am trying everything I can. I tried throwing the bottle to the other room to distract him, and when I ran for it I realized he didn't go to the other room at all. He was right there still waiting for me. 

They make you sit around and wait for the perfect moment and it's extremely hard to find that moment. Really bad level design, I am almost regretting my purchase right about now.

Edit: Funny thing, I passed this first with almost no problem the first time I played it. I decided to replay the chapter to see if maybe there was a way I didn't have to crawl the entire time. I thought maybe I was too slow and got caught and had my leg slashed due to my own actions. I was wrong, it was scripted and now I'm a never ending hell of this stupid chainsaw guy hacking me to bits.

kivi95 said:

The feeling when you survive the destruction Derby in DriveClub online.

How is the online?  Is it running more smoothly yet?

The Op should be alien isolation in that list. Thats far from an easy game and a true survival horror as the AI is damn smar.