By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
Zekkyou said:

Have you guys seen the Halo 5 screens? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6575455

I wonder if the resolution of those screens will be that of the final product (1811x1019, though i assume it's meant to be 1810x1020). It's only about 11% less than 1080p, so i doubt even i'd notice any note worthy difference. Would be a good trade off to hit their 60fps target.

The visuals are somewhat mediocre though. If they really are targeting 1020p/60fps then it's understandable, but i can't help but feel disappointed. Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 were/are my biggest hopes for mind blowing visuals.

Still, lots of time before launch. The textured lighting is certainly interesting at least.

It is a long way from launch so it will no doubt improve, but as of right now, they are not impressive screenshots, comfortably worse looking than Killzone and that was a console launch title

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Aldro said:

Sony just needs 1 of these 4 things to "win":

1)Uncharted 4 Trailer Or/And Gameplay
2)The Last Guardian re-reveal
3)The Last of Us 2 Tease
4)God of War IV Reveal

You forgot about Bloodborne gameplay. Oh, wait, that's already confirmed!

I really need this after the whole Tomb Raider bullshit right now.

2 more hours!!

DerNebel said:
Aldro said:

Sony just needs 1 of these 4 things to "win":

1)Uncharted 4 Trailer Or/And Gameplay
2)The Last Guardian re-reveal
3)The Last of Us 2 Tease
4)God of War IV Reveal

Pretty sure that none of those are gonna happen

I know, so we need a combination of nice games to atleast play even if not win. Will be hard :( Fucking Tomb Raider

Aldro said:
DerNebel said:

I know, so we need a combination of nice games to atleast play even if not win. Will be hard :( Fucking Tomb Raider

Well, unless Ninja Theory is having their own reveal conference, it's all but certain that whatever they're working on will be announced at the Sony conference, so there's one.  MM and GG also have things, QD is undoubtedly working on something etc...  There's plenty to reveal, I consider anything UC4 to be bonus, but I'm not expecting it.

Aldro said:
DerNebel said:

Tomb Raider is just pissing me off and I never even wanted to play the game. Stupid decisions all around.

Around the Network

Ball is now in Sony's court. What they need to do to "win" and it's not that hard actually:

1.) Keep audience interested consistently throughout the entire conference.
2.) Give updates/gameplay videos of games already announced (e.g. Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Driveclub, Bloodborne)
3.) Provide a few surprises. Never play it safe! (e.g. MM's new IP, GG's new IP, QD's new game, etc.)

Surgeon Simulator will have a platinum!
http://www.exophase.com/game/surgeon-simulator-ps4/trophies/

DerNebel said:
Aldro said:

Tomb Raider is just pissing me off and I never even wanted to play the game. Stupid decisions all around.

Gotta love the wording of that announcement, too...

Sony London Studio is having 2 projects at Gamescom!

celador said:
Has Neogaf been down all day for anyone else?

Yes all day for me too, theres a thread about it on there other users affected aswell.

you can still view a barebones text version if you use googles cache version