By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS failed miserably in trying to make it to 20 million sold in 2013, Can PS4 do this in 2014?

No, not enough big name games, summer is going to be rough. Don't think it can even get close

Around the Network

Nope, it won't get past 15mil let alone 20...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

spurgeonryan said:
celador said:
No, not enough big name games, summer is going to be rough. Don't think it can even get close

Destiny? Plus you did see that I said it could even be down to 6 million for the next 6 months. Right? So that would be 13 million, not including millions of possible units sold during the holidays with not new systems coming out to fight back besides the two wet noodles that have been attacking it so far. Not saying anything bad about the other systems, just that their attempt at slowing the PS4 down have been as strong as a wet noodle.

7 million is way too much for the holdiay months.  I also wonder if Sony could even make another 12.5 million units by the end of the year to meet that demand even if it existed.

Conegamer said:

If PS4 keeps kept selling at its current production capacity, it would hit 15 million either way and it will be sold out throughout the rest of the year. What will likely happen though is that production will be ramped up before the holidays to meet the demand. I expect Sony to announce 11m sold in september after Destiny, and I expect it to sell 6-7 million in the last 3 months of the year.

Yes if they can product nuff of em.
PS4 is the one to own market has chosen so.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Yes if they can product nuff of em.
PS4 is the one to own market has chosen so.

No way it does 20mil, its currently at almost 4mil now.(16mil in 8 months?) 20mil lifetime might be achieveable by years end but 20mil in 2014 alone? Unless the title is misread?

Not 20 million.

I'm not sure it will beat Wii's first 14mos. (see similar poll in my gen over gen console sales thread)

Microsoft would have to essentially screw up sooo bad in order for Sony to get to have a chance at passing the 20 million mark this year ...

Turkish said:
Conegamer said:

If PS4 keeps kept selling at its current production capacity, it would hit 15 million either way and it will be sold out throughout the rest of the year. What will likely happen though is that production will be ramped up before the holidays to meet the demand. I expect Sony to announce 11m sold in september after Destiny, and I expect it to sell 6-7 million in the last 3 months of the year.

This year? PS4 is on less than 3 million for the year and we're in May, I don't see it selling another 8 million between now and the end of September; most likely scenario is PS4 will be on around 6.5mil come the end of September; doubling that total in the last 3 months of the year will still "only" put the PS4 on 13mil. So yeah, I doubt it'll top 15mil this year, regardless of "supply constraints". Get close? Sure, but anything about 15mil is a stretch; 20mil is just way too far out of reach.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

No way, not even close. I'm guessing it will get to the 15 million lifetime region by year's end, as can be seen in my sig. 20 million sold in one year? Even less likely, I'm thinking it won't even have a single year of 20 million or more in its lifetime in hardware sales, regardless of the the competition.