By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

Lame, I'll not buy unless it's 120fps, and over 9000p. Now that's hardcore.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
1080p/60fps? Should hope so with that level of graphics.

Kane1389 said:
walsufnir said:

They are not pushing graphics? First people laughed about WiiU even not capable to do PS360-graphics, now MK8 is shown which is in no way possible on PS360 and then people say they are not pushing graphics at all...

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon

Lmao SMG looks like one of the best games of the generation(not the very top, but close enough imo).

By your logic Realism movies are all >>> Cartoon/Anime movies right? Dragon Ball Evolution > Dragon Ball Z confirmed

KylieDog said:
Mr Khan said:
Kane1389 said:

Lot of Ninty fans being defensive in this thread saying it looks great, but no real arguments why it does.  They just like the artstyle, and some are probably not used to seeing Nintendo games in HD so there will be a noticable clarity in visuals from those who been playing MK Wii.

What they really should be defending is SSBU, mixing in some more human/realistic characters with the cartoony ones really shows how awful it looks, unlike MK where everything matches.

All jokes aside, wat the f*** did nintendo do to you? Your negativity is beyond comprehensible lmao

KylieDog said:
tbone51 said:
KylieDog said:

Lot of Ninty fans being defensive in this thread saying it looks great, but no real arguments why it does.  They just like the artstyle, and some are probably not used to seeing Nintendo games in HD so there will be a noticable clarity in visuals from those who been playing MK Wii.

What they really should be defending is SSBU, mixing in some more human/realistic characters with the cartoony ones really shows how awful it looks, unlike MK where everything matches.

All jokes aside, wat the f*** did nintendo do to you? Your negativity is beyond comprehensible lmao

God another one.  Do you not understad how those memes work?  What am I meant to be salty about exactly?  That Mario Kart isn't graphically impressive at all?  You're using it backwards.  Plus, I'll likely buy this game or at least play it at a friends if one buys a WiiU. 

Yeah, im sure you'll buy it. 

Around the Network

posting the memes to reply a text should seriously be moderated >.>. if any of you guys knew kylie you would know he talks shit about everything MK is no exception. And he has a point, games like stardust and wipeout have been doing 1080/60 for years but its not as impressive when the game has a million jaggies with very little animation.

OT: For MK, yea though that is awesome and very impressive that they hit with it splitscreen as well.

KylieDog and tbone51; tone it down. If you can't manage a proper dicussion; then don't discuss with one another.

this isn't some big magic achievement. it's a simple enough game to render at 60fps

looks nice and will play well. but is too little too late imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

wow yesterday I watched gamexplain talk about it being 720p in their 1h Q&A for MK8. I was somewhat down.

This is good news. I am still sad that its not the first game to support 2 gamepads and 6 player mode or even 5 player mode....

Somewhat of a bummer.

hated_individual said:
I am laughing at people that are downplaying Mario Kart 8 also for them calling out Nintendo fans for actions that they did not do while they did then I see couple of members that I already schooled and I already pointed out the facts in this thread already...

"Cartoonish" is no less resource demanding that "Realistic" visuals, it all depends on complexity and not the artstyle, people... Learn the basic difference between artstyle and actual visual detail such as polygons, texture resolution and its density, filtering, physics, animation, draw distance, level of detail, shadow quality and artificial inteligence, display/output/rendering resolution such as 1920x1080 or 1280x720...

Comparing games that are not even in same genre nor comparable in artstyle to Mario Kart 8 is pointless and unfair to begin with yet some individuals keep doing that and some of those games that they use for comparison run at 30 frames per second, have considerably lower draw distance and level of detail, levels that are cramped like Resident Evil 4/Revelations or like original Rainbow Six.

Also claiming that Mario Kart 8 is cartoonish is just soo wrong, it is factually in correct in so many ways... Jet Set Radio, Borderlands, No More Heroes, Mad World, Pokemon X & Y, Naruto/Bleach/DBZ series and many others are pretty much cartoonish games... If Mario Kart 8 is "cartoonish" then Metal Gear Solid 2, Manhunt, Shenmue, Rainbow Six, Conduit 1 & 2, Super Smash Bros, etc... are "cartoonish". You people simply arent smart to see difference between "cartoonish" and cute... Are asians the only one that can notice the crucial difference.... Just Mickey Mouse is cartoonish does not mean that Elfen Lied, Ghost In The Shell, Steins Gate, Armored Votoms, Akira and other animes that by your logic are cartoonish... Why do you people dont know the very basics that even a grade school kid would learn in mere five minutes... A japanese kid would already know thqt in kindergadden if you were explaining the difference between cartoonish and cute, etc...

Kane and others lack basic knowledge... That is the fact...

Compare a kart racing game with a kart racing game... Modnation and Little Big Planet Kart just get demolished in detail and framerate and if Mario Kart 8 is also 1080p then also in resolution...

THIS. and for the bolded: MK8 is amazing in all of those aspects, much superior than any ps360 game. the only non perfect thing Ive seen on that game is poly count but: 1. that's only noticeable in static internet images with a good zoon on the characters. 2. it's not perfect but still advanced as hell.