By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

Metallox said:
Deimos said:
They lied!

No, they didn't. They are actually right, the game runs at 1080p but upscaled.

If its upscaled, its not 1080p.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

1080p and 60fps it is then.

kirby007 said:

It looks stunning while being 1080p( possibly upscaled 720 )/60fps, but that isn't enough? wow...
the ignorance when downplaying is baffling.

I WIN ( 5 may )

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Metallox said:
Deimos said:
They lied!

No, they didn't. They are actually right, the game runs at 1080p but upscaled.

If its upscaled, its not 1080p.

If its upscaled to 1080p, I think they can claim that because it's partially correct. My point however is that Eurogamer never said the game runs at native 1080p.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

If its upscaled to 1080p, I think they can claim that because it's partially correct. My point however is that Eurogamer never said the game runs at native 1080p.

All games that are run on a tv that can display 1080p are upscaled to 1080p, thus its an invalid and misleading claim. 

While the game might not run at its native or output resolution, it cannot reasonably run above its output resolution. That would imply that the game was downscaled when outputted.

Regardless, the OP is incorrect as there is no confirmation of 1080p.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:

It looks stunning while being 1080p( possibly upscaled 720 )/60fps, but that isn't enough? wow...
the ignorance when downplaying is baffling.

I WIN ( 5 may )

I wonned better

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6281055

There was a Digital Foundry, some judging happened and I was involved. I called every single thing :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.