By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

Hilarious how this thread all of a sudden attracts people that don't normally post here. Some people are so salty.

For a cartoon game this has some detailed textures by the way. Fantasy will always beat realism in games. At least for me. This world is ugly enough already, no need to to play realistically violent games. Though I'm all up for God of War. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Hilarious how this thread all of a sudden attracts people that don't normally post here. Some people are so salty.

For a cartoon game this has some detailed textures by the way. Fantasy will always beat realism in games. At least for me. This world is ugly enough already, no need to to play realistically violent games. Though I'm all up for God of War. 

It's not hat bad, listen to this and google beautiful world!

Realism in games usually means drab brown bombed out ruins, blame games, not the world!

SvennoJ said:

Realism in games usually means drab brown bombed out ruins, blame games, not the world!

Agreed. Obviously, if a developer chooses to set their game in a war zone in the middle of the desert, they have given themselves a convenient excuse to depict a dirty, washed-out, brown and grey world. But not every game is set in the bombed-out ruins of a city or similar environment.

To be fair, I've noticed a stronger emphasis on colors in more recent releases. Second Son's neon power spices up the visuals nicely with a lot of purple, a rare color in video games.

Can one person play on the TV while the other plays on the gamepad? I'd assume the gamepad would run at 480p and 60fps.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

With simple enough graphics, any console can do this. Wipeout HD did 1080p 60 fps on PS3 several years ago.

Around the Network
Sensei said:
With simple enough graphics, any console can do this. Wipeout HD did 1080p 60 fps on PS3 several years ago.

but still MK8 is better than Wipeout HD in every way

Click HERE and be happy 

Welp, I think this proves once and for all that the Wii U soundly beats the 360 and PS3 specs wise.

And no pixellated flat crowds!

Sensei said:

With a variable framebuffer.

Great for the Mario Kart. The more you hear the better it seems to get.

Samus Aran said:

Hilarious how you dont know that nintendo is incredible ine texture and grafix.