By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo @ E3 Thread! E3 Is Over For Another Year...But We Will Always Have The Memories!

Sooooooo much fun watching all the treehouse live videos. Almost three days non-stop in from of the PC or the gamepad. Really a fan of this new Nintendo at E3. I hope next year nintendo does the same. Zelda U treehouse would be amazing!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

I liked the Treehouse too. It really made the company feel so open and positive for idea exploration and innovation.

On one side you have the suits of Microsoft and Sony, and on the other side (ala Facebook/Google/Pixar) theres this image now of open wide offices, couches everywhere, and everyone is happy at work and polite to each other.

It's a nirvana working for Nintendo i guess.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

irstupid said:
Samus Aran said:

Let's be honest, what are the odds millions of 3DS owners will go out to buy a game like this? 

Its made by the guys who make Fire emblem and Advanced Wars correct?

Don't know Advanced Wars numbers, but I recall hearing how amazing Fire Emblem Awakening  sold, yet did that even sell a million?  Last I heard it was like only 800k and they were insanely happy and supe surprised.

People need to get GTA, CoD, ect sales numbers out of their heads.  MOST games don't need to sell 1 million to be a financial success.

FE: A is over 1.4m shipped right now. There are some shipment numbers lingering around the web. I posted them on one thread but no one cared.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
irstupid said:
Samus Aran said:

Let's be honest, what are the odds millions of 3DS owners will go out to buy a game like this? 

Don't know Advanced Wars numbers, but I recall hearing how amazing Fire Emblem Awakening  sold, yet did that even sell a million?  Last I heard it was like only 800k and they were insanely happy and supe surprised.

People need to get GTA, CoD, ect sales numbers out of their heads.  MOST games don't need to sell 1 million to be a financial success.

FE: A is over 1.4m shipped right now. There are some shipment numbers lingering around the web. I posted them on one thread but no one cared.

Still doesn't change my point.  It was super insanely successful for the franchise before it hit 1 million and this poster I responded to is talking about MILLIONS of sales for this game.

It's a new IP in a niche genre that even the best of that genre barely sell a million.  No one expects this game to sell a million.  I'd be insanely surprised if it did 500k, which i think would be amazing sales for it and Nintendo would be Happy.

irstupid said:
AlphaCielago said:
irstupid said:

Still doesn't change my point.  It was super insanely successful for the franchise before it hit 1 million and this poster I responded to is talking about MILLIONS of sales for this game.

It's a new IP in a niche genre that even the best of that genre barely sell a million.  No one expects this game to sell a million.  I'd be insanely surprised if it did 500k.

I didn't try to change the point, just wanted to point it out.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Did sony and microsoft have live demos? I have heard very little from them since the actual presentations.

Honestly I do not know. I kept watching the treehouse stream for three days in a row and really did not have any time to watch anything else!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Not bad. Really hope Nintendo do it again next year!

Some real highlights though. Zelda, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash Bros, and Yoshi's Wolly World were probably my favourite, but other titles like Hyrule Warriors and Codename STEAM surprised me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

spurgeonryan said:
Did sony and microsoft have live demos? I have heard very little from them since the actual presentations.

Not to my recollection. Places like IGN had live gameplay demos but nothing from the actual companies AFAIK

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

What Nintendo did at this year's E3 was simply spectacular! Much better than traditional conferences that's for sure!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I just loved this E3!
I was one of those who said that nothing could replace a press conference and boy, was i wrong. For this i don`t mind losing more press conferences. The Digital Event was just amazing and really funny, too!

I didn`t see the whole Smash Invitational, but the end with Reggie was memorable! The Treehouse project was great aswell.

Hope they do this again next year.