By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do Wii U Owners Not Buy 3rd Party Games?

Tagged games:

TheLastStarFighter said:
super_etecoon said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I would wager that almost all Wii U owners have a PS360 or a good PC where they get the 3rd party games. That way they get a good version, on time and can play with their established friend network.

This sounds like a good poll question.  I'd wager you might be surprised at the results.  

Deal!

you will loose lol. I only buy 3rd party games on the other systems if they not available on Nintendo first (even with lowever gfx).

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
super_etecoon said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I would wager that almost all Wii U owners have a PS360 or a good PC where they get the 3rd party games. That way they get a good version, on time and can play with their established friend network.

This sounds like a good poll question.  I'd wager you might be surprised at the results.  

Deal!

you will loose lol. I only buy 3rd party games on the other systems if they not available on Nintendo first (even with lowever gfx).

No, I won't :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182583&page=1#5

I'll buy games on my Wii U 1st as well, but most Wii U owners won't.  And the early adopters of Wii U are gaming enthusiasts, most of whom would have bought a PS360 at some point.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Cobretti2 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
super_etecoon said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Deal!

No, I won't :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182583&page=1#5

I'll buy games on my Wii U 1st as well, but most Wii U owners won't.  And the early adopters of Wii U are gaming enthusiasts, most of whom would have bought a PS360 at some point.

I have all the consoles lol. So i speaking fomr experience.

I am too lazy to having to charge up three controllers. So if I can get away with one console I do it lol.

Look at the 3DS and the games that Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, Level 5, and Atlus are putting out. Now look at Wii U and look at the stuff not put out by Ubisoft or Sega (and even those are arguable). There's a difference. 3DS gets high quality unique games, and even the ports are good. Wii U gets almost nothing unique (except from Ubisoft and Sega) and mostly extremely shitty ports. Like, it's a slap in the face to gamers how shitty these ports are. I think it's clear why Wii U owners, not Nintendo owners but Wii U owners specifically, buy very few 3rd party games. Every system besides Wii U gets good 3rd party games. Wii U gets shit, and shit sells like shit.

A little more than half my games are third party.

Too bad Ninty fans don't support third party on their systems.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

As a Wii U owner, I've bought:

- COD Ghosts
- Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
- Need for Speed Most Wanted U
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition
- Trine 2: Director's Cut
- Nano Assault Neo

By contrast I only own two first party games: 3D World and Tropical Freeze.

TravenousMaximus said:

You're right - of 141 games I own on Wii U, only 87 of them are from 3rd parties (20 of the 29 retail games, 33 of the 70 VC games, and 34 of the 42 eShop titles [9 of the eShop titles are full games available at retail; 5 of those 9 are third party])

I'll try harder.

You don't ACTUALLY have 141 games on the Wii U, do you?

NightDragon83 said:
Kemsus said:
most third party games lack the quality that Nintendo fans expect from their games

Yeah, because we all know games like Darksiders 2, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3/4 and COD BO2 and Ghosts can't hold a candle to absolute masterpieces like Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, etc.

Hey, out of those I have DS2, BAC, ASSC 3&4 and while those are good games I prefer Pikmin 3 over all those any day.

I share the feeling with many people here, the quality of the mayority of third party games on Nintendo consoles (Non portables) is lame. Nintendo games is comparison, even if they are not my favorite ones (Nintendoland) I can still have fun with them.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

rayman sold in the same level as the ps3 version and it's 13x bigger installed base, the same for sonic all stars racing transformed. lego city - 750k, zombi u - 660k, monster hunter tri - 500k

Wii u owners buy 3rd party games, unless you want to say ps4/xone owners don't buy third party games, it's hipocrisy. because out od the top 10 it's pretty similar for the 3.

RealGamingExpert said:
I buy them on other plattforms (PC) because most Wii U games are just bad ports. Watch Dogs for example wont get any DLCs on the Wii U and will come out a few month after the other versions.

exactly, then the assholes wonder why the games dont sell on Wii U

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~