By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do Wii U Owners Not Buy 3rd Party Games?

Tagged games:

Some do buy third party games, just not for the Wii U.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
oniyide said:
SanAndreasX said:

I'll buy third-party titles on Nintendo systems if they interest me. I'm not interested in what EA, Activision, or Ubisoft generally offer so I don't buy their games regardless of what system they're on. The fact is, my time and money are valuable, and generally, if I have a choice between a Nintendo title and a third-party title, I'll choose the former almost every time. I enjoy them a lot more.

thats a good chunk of 3rd party games right there. Hell you might as well say i dont really care for 3rd party games. Its not like the Japan publishers are doing much better Hell SE is probably the biggest one, and they put out a DQonline port that wont see the light of day outside Japan and Deus Ex an old ass port of a game that was developed by their western arm. Capcom is ports etc.

I actually own a lot of third-party games, but very few of them come from EA, Activision, or Ubisoft.  Fact is I don't give a damn about AssCreed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, or EA Sports regardless of platform. I buy a lot of Namco titles these days, for instance.

ok, thats fine. Still doesnt change my intial point that is chunk of games missing. Namco? how much games did Namco release...on the Wii U?

Arcturus said:

Yep, this, unless it's exclusive or is somehow the best version.

Depends on the wiiu owner.

I own quite few 3rd party titles.

If you have a multi-console owner, they'll likely go to the other console due to online community and possibility of having a better game experience from a technical point of view.

If not, then its likely they own some of the better 3rd party games and/or just a Nintendo only focused type of person.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Arcturus said:

Yep, this, unless it's exclusive or is somehow the best version.

and even then its not that much

Around the Network

Oh yeah, I totally get that, but that's the boat I'm in. I do think they're chances are better with unique exclusives. Chances are slim either way