By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do Wii U Owners Not Buy 3rd Party Games?

Tagged games:

Not cartoony enough, third parties need to put smiley faces on more stuff to relate to this portion of the gaming world and use more pastel colors.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Usually because Wii U versions are gimped in some way or released later than the other versions. If developers/publishers make an effort I'll reward them with my cash. Simple as that tbh.

Best example is Project CARS, it's the only third party game that's been given the same amount of care and attention as the other versions, and I'm giving them my cash as a result of that.

I would wager that almost all Wii U owners have a PS360 or a good PC where they get the 3rd party games. That way they get a good version, on time and can play with their established friend network.

Poliwrathlord said:

Why do Wii U owners not buy 3rd party games? Seriously, why don't they? I think sales for a lot of 3rd party game are terrible...

...By the way I have seven 3rd party games in my Wii U collection of sixteen games so I don't know if that makes me part of the problem.

There are several reasons:

-Some are multi console owners and prefer trophies and achievements

-Others have little income and only buy Nintendo titles because the qualities of those titles is very high

-The port quality of some games is low and usually miss features

-In some cases the game just don´t reach the country (in mine there has been not a single 3rd party release since Rayman Legends on september 2013)

-Some only bought the consoles for Nintendo games

-A few gamers only like a particular genre and dismiss the others, like FPS, simulation sports, fighting, among others.

It is usually a combination of those reasons... now your are not part of the problem, you have a good 1st/3rd Party rate, anything below 30% then you are part of the problem.

By the way I have ALL the poor selling games that put in the opening.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I would wager that almost all Wii U owners have a PS360 or a good PC where they get the 3rd party games. That way they get a good version, on time and can play with their established friend network.

This sounds like a good poll question.  I'd wager you might be surprised at the results.  

Around the Network
Kemsus said:
most third party games lack the quality that Nintendo fans expect from their games

Yeah, because we all know games like Darksiders 2, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3/4 and COD BO2 and Ghosts can't hold a candle to absolute masterpieces like Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, etc.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

You're right - of 141 games I own on Wii U, only 87 of them are from 3rd parties (20 of the 29 retail games, 33 of the 70 VC games, and 34 of the 42 eShop titles [9 of the eShop titles are full games available at retail; 5 of those 9 are third party])

I'll try harder.

Because I have a PC. Why would I overpay for inferior multiplats?

As for exclusive 3rd party games (lol): I did buy some on the Wii and the 3DS, but there's not too many of them right now...

super_etecoon said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

This sounds like a good poll question.  I'd wager you might be surprised at the results.  

Deal!

Userbase is too small. And people on these forums seem to find every excuse not to buy them

I on the other hand... well look at my thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166762