By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2014: Smash Bros. Invitational & Nintendo Digital Conference

$#itty

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

Around the Network

This poor thread got left in the dust.

I know I'll be at the closest Best Buy during E3 to play some Smash Bros. *drools*

That was pretty damn awesome! Too bad I don't live in 'Murica!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Awesome video. I can't wait to learn more details.... I wonder if the Nintendo Digital Conference could be something like the "Wii U Preview Event" but without the press....

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Here's hoping this digital event isn't a nigh unwatchably laggy stream like last year's E3 Direct.
I'm interested to know how it differs from a Direct in terms of presentation.

Around the Network

It's been bothering me all day: this is essentially the same thing Nintendo did last year, but it feels better. I nailed the feeling down. Nintendo is so much more confident in this strategy than they were last year.

At the end of last April, what we knew was that Nintendo would have demo booths at E3, would not have a live conference, and would stream a Nintendo Direct "around" the time of E3. People basically thought they were skipping the show entirely.

This time, there's no ambiguity. Digital Event June 10. Smash Bros Invitational live at E3. Live coverage of Nintendo games and developers throughout the week of E3 (not unlike last years' Developer Directs, which were not announced in advance).

Also, the Smash hype is so real right now.

curl-6 said:
Here's hoping this digital event isn't a nigh unwatchably laggy stream like last year's E3 Direct.
I'm interested to know how it differs from a Direct in terms of presentation.

They are likely using Twitch and Youtube like the past couple nintendo directs. Unlike Ustream, they can handle loads of 100000s of people. That reminds that when I watched the E3 Nintendo Direct last year, my stream was pretty good up until the Smash Bros. was revealed

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Hyped, a new Zelda a game is always an eye-gasum!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Enjoyed the video. If Nintendo is dropping this Video now in April, they must be pretty confident in their E3 showings.

Ooooh, I like the sound of that Treehouse event. I'll definitely be tuning in for that one. With Nintendo's approach to E3, is there any doubt now that, if and when Zelda shows up, there will be a playable demo - or at least "played" demo?