By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2014: Smash Bros. Invitational & Nintendo Digital Conference

episteme said:
Pavolink said:
episteme said:

Awesome video, lol.

I think the digital event could be something with Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto and Aonuma, but not in L.A.

Press conference or not, where's the big difference? I still haven't seen Sony's and Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference...

It only depends on the quality of the announcements. Was Nintendo's E3 2011 or 2012 better than the E3 Direct? No, the conferences were pretty lame and almost a pain to watch in my opinion.

Do you believe E3 2004, E3 2006 and E3 2010 will fit in a Nintendo Direct?

Hint: no.

Why should the digital event have time restrictions? They can make it as long as they want.

I'm not talking about the time, but the content.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
Zero999 said:

So instead of whatching a live stream, we'll watch a live stream? :O

funny video, by the way.

I meant no traditional conference. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182382&page=1#11

we'll get the game announcements as usual.

Pavolink said:
episteme said:
Pavolink said:
episteme said:

Awesome video, lol.

I think the digital event could be something with Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto and Aonuma, but not in L.A.

Press conference or not, where's the big difference? I still haven't seen Sony's and Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference...

It only depends on the quality of the announcements. Was Nintendo's E3 2011 or 2012 better than the E3 Direct? No, the conferences were pretty lame and almost a pain to watch in my opinion.

Do you believe E3 2004, E3 2006 and E3 2010 will fit in a Nintendo Direct?

Hint: no.

Why should the digital event have time restrictions? They can make it as long as they want.

I'm not talking about the time, but the content.

It's not a Nintendo Direct, it's a "Digital Event", they stress that in their press release. I'm not going to speculate on whether this will be any good, but I think the fact they're not using the Direct moniker for an E3 event implies that Nintendo are trying to learn from their successes and failures with Directs, and to emphasise E3 as the calendar highlight it is for the industry. 

I wonder how their digital event is different from a direct

Asriel said:

It's not a Nintendo Direct, it's a "Digital Event", they stress that in their press release. I'm not going to speculate on whether this will be any good, but I think the fact they're not using the Direct moniker for an E3 event implies that Nintendo are trying to learn from their successes and failures with Directs, and to emphasise E3 as the calendar highlight it is for the industry. 

A digital event to be succesful will need a lot of announcements and a lot of viewrs, especially the consumers. Of course, they need to market this event, unlike their products.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I don't get why so many people care about whether or not they are on stage. A digital event sounds to me like it could be a series of directs, which could actually include more info then a stage presentation, and since I'll be watching from home either way why should I care?

Also, the amazing thing here is that Nintendo is embracing the competitive Smash Brothers players. The Smash event is going to be a 16 player invitational only type of deal. That is not typical Nintendo.

It always amazes me how the same Nintendo that can make this awesome videos can then make the crappy comercials about its products.

Anyway, no stage event like last year but an on-stage stream of what's going on on its booth with developers. Maybe they can use that to reveal (and in playable form!) a couple of games.

We'll see how it turns out for them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I feel everyone is ignorning the Treehouse stuff. This is kind of big. They are going to be continuously streaming the game demos.
I don't why people think that because it's a Nintendo Direct, they have less content. Actually, they had the most efficient press conference last year (this is consolidating each reel/showcase as one "reveal"). This isn't including stuff they had on the E3 floor.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:
I feel everyone is ignorning the Treehouse stuff. This is kind of big. They are going to be continuously streaming the game demos.
I don't why people think that because it's a Nintendo Direct, they have less content. Actually, they had the most efficient press conference last year (this is consolidating each reel/showcase as one "reveal"). This isn't including stuff they had on the E3 floor.

Right.

People say that Nintendo wasn't at E3 last year, but they actually had the biggest booth...

Wow they are turning it up a notch! It appears they will be pushing Smash Bros for Wii U over the 3DS. The Digital Event sounds interesting.