By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2014: Smash Bros. Invitational & Nintendo Digital Conference

the_dengle said:
It's been bothering me all day: this is essentially the same thing Nintendo did last year, but it feels better. I nailed the feeling down. Nintendo is so much more confident in this strategy than they were last year.

At the end of last April, what we knew was that Nintendo would have demo booths at E3, would not have a live conference, and would stream a Nintendo Direct "around" the time of E3. People basically thought they were skipping the show entirely.

This time, there's no ambiguity. Digital Event June 10. Smash Bros Invitational live at E3. Live coverage of Nintendo games and developers throughout the week of E3 (not unlike last years' Developer Directs, which were not announced in advance).

Also, the Smash hype is so real right now.

bolded: No one thought that. it was just the usual haters spreading BS as truth.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
It's been bothering me all day: this is essentially the same thing Nintendo did last year, but it feels better. I nailed the feeling down. Nintendo is so much more confident in this strategy than they were last year.

At the end of last April, what we knew was that Nintendo would have demo booths at E3, would not have a live conference, and would stream a Nintendo Direct "around" the time of E3. People basically thought they were skipping the show entirely.

This time, there's no ambiguity. Digital Event June 10. Smash Bros Invitational live at E3. Live coverage of Nintendo games and developers throughout the week of E3 (not unlike last years' Developer Directs, which were not announced in advance).

Also, the Smash hype is so real right now.

This is true. I think they will do better this year than last year.