By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update! I thought I'd give you guys a look at the latest build of Unreal Engine 4, High Quality screens now in OP

BenVTrigger said:
Serious_frusting said:
Dot worry people his pc will slow down to a crawl once you add AI and character models and destructible environments to it :D

On a serious note though what hardware are you running and what monitor/tv do you own? 7680x4320 is an 8K screen.

My PC wouldnt slow to a crawl at all.....i get 120 - 140 fps on these demos at 4k resolution.

My hardware is 2x 780tis, 16GB of RAM, and a Intel 4770k CPU

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing Ben.

Also Id like to add I was showing these not just to show what it does on PC but to give console gamers a preview of whats to come as well. Like I said the engine runs VERY smooth and I think it'll be fantastic on Next gen systems. This engine is SO much better than UE3 in every way. It doesn't have that "samey" look a lot of UE3 had and also has incredible fidelity.

UE4 being fantastic is good news for everyone

radishhead said:
I had no idea we had reached this level in graphics capability

Yup. Ten years ago I wouldn't have expected graphics to look this damn good!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BenVTrigger said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Um, what are you even talking about. I seriously don't know.........

Then you are clealry full of it and this post is just garabge you are making up. And no surprise you have no changed your OP to reflect your back tracking/dumpin. the ps4 sreenshot. Also just to let you know, this demo has been out for almost 2 years now.

You have no idea what your talking about. None. At all.

The original shots I took werent from PS4 how the hell would I have the PS4 demo? Its not in the engine. The original shots were lower quality because I was still messing with the engine figuring out how to max it. You dont just boot a demo and click max settings. You have to actually learn your way around the UI and manually adjust things.

Ever heard of pulling pictures off the internet? *facepalm*

Sounds like you are not familair with SDK or the unreal SDK. Not my fault now is it?

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Also Id like to add I was showing these not just to show what it does on PC but to give console gamers a preview of whats to come as well. Like I said the engine runs VERY smooth and I think it'll be fantastic on Next gen systems. This engine is SO much better than UE3 in every way. It doesn't have that "samey" look a lot of UE3 had and also has incredible fidelity.

UE4 being fantastic is good news for everyone

Thanks for sharing. Some beautiful screenshots you've taken there.

@ bolded

You're rocking 2x780Ti's, I really don't see how that's any indicator of scalability! Everything would look great with that setup!

TheJimbo1234 said:

Ever heard of pulling pictures off the internet? *facepalm*

Sounds like you are not famiI nevair th SDK or the unreal SDK. Not my fault now is it?

Theres no chance this is real......you have to be flaimbating or something. Ive virtually never accused someone of this but your posts in this thread are some of the most bizzare Ive ever seen on this site. Ever.

I cant believe you would post something like this in a serious manner so Im going to move on now and pretend I never read any of this.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Apparently the next build of UE4 will come with Lionhead's GI tech (which is based on Crytek's implementation) and that the Infiltrator demo is coming soon.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Apparently the next build of UE4 will come with Lionhead's GI tech (which is based on Crytek's implementation) and that the Infiltrator demo is coming soon.

Oh shit seriously? Wow I cant wait to try that! Any rumor on when its gonna release?