By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update! I thought I'd give you guys a look at the latest build of Unreal Engine 4, High Quality screens now in OP

"Roman Temple"

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
zarx said:
Apparently the next build of UE4 will come with Lionhead's GI tech (which is based on Crytek's implementation) and that the Infiltrator demo is coming soon.

Oh shit seriously? Wow I cant wait to try that! Any rumor on when its gonna release?

Just that it's coming, 4.2 could hit as soon as next week so hopefully it drops along side that.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zero129 said:
I really have to get my hands on UE4 just to try them demos, they look sooo good xD .

You don't need UE4 to try the demos

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2369/unreal-engine-4-five-tech-demos/

there you can find

• Effects Cave: Lets you walk through a cave with water and lighting effects.
  • Realistic Rendering: Renders an indoor scene with almost photorealistic quality.
  • Reflections: Shows off how to get the most of Unreal Engine 4's Real-time reflection system in a realistic, dark, and grungy environment.
  • Shooter Game: Serves as a basic template to a Quake 4 style multi player game.
  • Temple Mobile: Walkthrough in a temple.

and i already posted a link to the Elemental demo in this thread

@TheVoxelman on twitter

BenVTrigger said:
Haha, I have a PC that utterly smashes every console ever made. I think a LOT of you guys are spoiled by bullshots companies have put out over the years. This is 100% real time on my own rig, and in motion its damn impressive.

Leave it to Vgchartz to toxic this place up though, I swear every thread, every time.

It depends on your defintion of "smash" in raw power yes. Overall I play my PS4 over my gaming PC 90% of the time. Sadly the time I do play on my PC is playing indie games which do not take advantage of power

But the screenshots indeed look nice. The last Unreal Engine was pretty much garbage so I remain skeptical over this one.

Looks fabulous. Unbelievable that you can run that in real time in your home.

Around the Network

Just got this engine myself! Need some time to play with it now.

Something about Unreal Engine that it never seems to do light sources right, it looks like a neon LED light or some radioactive plasma.

zero129 said:

Oh thanks man downloading now , but someone was saying u cant change the settings in the demos and that they dont look as good as the newer versions released for the UE4 editor is the any truth to that mate?.

You can change a few things via command line or the ini files. They are the same demos just compiled and put out as a standalone, so I would have thought they would look the same but I can't say for sure.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

PullusPardus said:
Something about Unreal Engine that it never seems to do light sources right, it looks like a neon LED light or some radioactive plasma.

Well UE4 supports several different lighting engines including Enlighten (which is what Frostbyte uses) and soon a GI lighting solution based on Crytek's Light Propagation Volumes.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Tried them all out and killed some bots in that "shooter game"