By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 estimated to sell 17 million & XB1 10 million by the end of 2014

I think the PS4 will do 15-16m, maybe more if it has a big holiday exclusive like Uncharted. XBO at 10-11m,

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I think the PS4 will do 15-16m, maybe more if it has a big holiday exclusive like Uncharted. XBO at 10-11m,

Uncharted isn't coming this year. 

sully1311 said:
Fusioncode said:

Uncharted isn't coming this year. 

I said if it has Uncharted. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

The Last of Us will not be moving any hardware....no one is going to spend $460 for a better looking last gen game. That port exists because its cheap to make, gives Naughty Dog practice with PS4 hardware, and slightly fills the massive hole in the PS4s library for the next 5 to 6 months.

These consoles need BIG hitters and they need them soon if they want to continue momentum.

MLB The Show (for US of course)
Watch_Dogs
The Last of Us

Seems a good line up to May/June... maybe April will be down but May will be up again.

Yeah I agree the May lineup is pretty good. Its mainly June - early September (when Destiny releases) that look really rough 

freedquaker said:
snowdog said:
I can't see the Xbox One selling anywhere close to that amount unless they have a drastic price cut or they have some HUUUUUGE Megatons prepared for E3.

The One is in SERIOUS trouble at the moment, it hasn't done a great deal better than the Wii U this time last year and it's only a matter of months before the PS4 has twice the installed userbase of the One which will probably mean that PS4 SKUs are going to sell twice as much.

I do see what you're coming from, and in case of a bad scenario, let's see what may happen...

a) XB1 has sold around 4.4 million as of now, right? This includes 1.3 million or so this year. There is no way XB1 will sell less than this untill the Xmas period. So the worst possible scenario before the last quarter is that XB1 will be around 6 million by the beginning of Xmas.

b)Xmas time is a hectic period especially in English speaking Countries like US, Canada, and UK. The historical sales ratio, regardless of which year you take as an anchor will put XB1 at a minimum of 7.5-8 million at the year end.

So you may consider the lower end of the XB1 estimate to be more accurate, but not much more. PS4 will be roughly double the XB1 numbers at the end of 2014.

I believe that the One is overtracked on here. It's sold 4.2m at the most, there are even a few people that don't believe it's sold over 4m. The silence from Microsoft is speaking volumes at the moment.

Publishers aren't interested in shipment figures, it's the number of consoles in homes that matter...and of course software sales. It's only a matter of months before the PS4 has twice the installed userbase unless Microsoft do something drastic. Perhaps a price cut so that it matches the PS4 will get it out of trouble, announced at E3. It's definitely too expensive.

Around the Network

X1 at 10 million by years end is pretty awesome.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Not sure how valid the 17M prediction will be.

At full steam, it's reported that Sony can only make 1M a month. So if Sony continue to make consoles at full steam and sell every single console then they could hit 17M.

The trouble is that, if not already, Sony will slow down production in the quiet parts of the year. That is of course they decide to stock pile millions of consoles that would cost money to store. It would also be a very risky move because, even though the PS4 is selling well now, there could be chance that they will have millions of consoles stored away unsold for months. That could be disastrous and very money consuming.

That makes no sense at all seeing how by their own words heathly supply of PS4 world wide wont be achived till summer.  So they will never have a reason to slow down this year.   

I said 16 million and I think 8 million for Xbox One. See "my bold predicitons thread!!!!!"

Edit: Also getting tired of the "front-loaded" argument. Is there any reason to believe that this console generation won't resemble the past 7? No.

Would be a great start towards a 2:1 ratio.

BenVTrigger said:

Both are currently in free fall.

Prepare for an ungodly bad summer. Both need big exclusive games ASAP

Ps4 still hasn't gone down to pre infamous sales, and same with x1 and titanfall. I wouldn't say free fall. And watchdogs should add a nice bump in sales for both consoles this month.