By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

leo-j said:
BeElite said:
Just look at 2014 sales, its doing bad.
Outselling the wiiu is no accomplishment or a definition of doing good.
Doing less then half of your direct competitor is bad.

selling more than the 360 at the same tame frime should be considered selling well

selling more than the 360 is easy.

PS2 - 10 mill after 5 months WW its unreliable though because of such a staggered release

PS4 - 7 mill after 5 months

Wii - 6 mill after 5 months

XB1 - "5 mill"(4.5-4.6) after 5 months

PS3 - "4 mill"(3.6) after 5 months

360 -  "3 mill"(3.2) after 5 months.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
ModBod said:
kowenicki said:

E3?  MS had a great E3.

Discussion and reporting of Sony's financial rank bad management isnt about hate... its about facts.

And the fact that you still can get Day One Edtions and Titanfall bundles are sitting on the shelves is all about good management?

Amazon misplaced a load of Day One Editions and just found it. Stop trying to spin that.

Let's bring it down a notch in this thread, many posts are borderline and there is no need for stupid comments or condescending tone. First we need to tell everyone that using actual vgchartz numbers in a sales thread on vgchartz is okay and now some are starting to nudge the limits of what's acceptable otherwise.

Consider this a public warning, anyone who crosses the line from here on out will be moderated and we are watching the thread.

VitroBahllee said:
ModBod said:
kowenicki said:

E3?  MS had a great E3.

Discussion and reporting of Sony's financial rank bad management isnt about hate... its about facts.

And the fact that you still can get Day One Edtions and Titanfall bundles are sitting on the shelves is all about good management?

Amazon misplaced a load of Day One Editions and just found it. Stop trying to spin that.

"Misplaced"

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

selling more than the 360 is easy? Just because PLAYSTATION 2/3/4 and the first wii did it, does not mean it is an easy feat to do..

it is microsoft's machine, and if they are selling more than their predecessor thus far, you must all admit it is successful, sony is just on another planet.. it is like saying the xperia is a failure because they are at 5 percent marketshare compared to samsung's dominance.. yet the xperia line is selling more and more each year ..

mM
Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
ModBod said:
kowenicki said:

E3?  MS had a great E3.

No Spin, its a FACT, you can still get Day one Editions how many months after launch?

leo-j said:
selling more than the 360 is easy? Just because PLAYSTATION 2/3/4 and the first wii did it, does not mean it is an easy feat to do..

it is microsoft's machine, and if they are selling more than their predecessor thus far, you must all admit it is successful, sony is just on another planet.. it is like saying the xperia is a failure because they are at 5 percent marketshare compared to samsung's dominance.. yet the xperia line is selling more and more each year ..

Who said it was a failure, I just said it was easy. Wii U sold 3.45 million consoles in its first 5 months, beating the 360 as well. Clearly beating the 360 is not a good metric on how well the system is selling.

Xbox 1 sales are Above Average. Average is successful enough, even setting the 360 or 3 million sales as a base line. PS4 Sales are just exemplary, and PS2 sales were unmatched. 

I too think XB1 is doing really well. And i mean, really well.
Pulling these numbers after the mistakes MS made with XB1, being 500$ and facing the competition of PS4, is really great for XB1`s future, specifically and MS`s presence in the gaming scene, in general.

For some time i haven`t understood why XB1`s performance gets criticized the way i see happen.

VitroBahllee said:
Normchacho said:

That's a really bad example. If you crashed your car 1 in every 50 times you drove it that would be frequent.

If a sports team losses 75% of there games they are not winning frequently.

I'll just repeat: And was my point 'Xbox One is beating PS4?' Or was it that 'Not beating the PS4 doesn't mean the Xbox One is doing "horribly?"' Because I'm pretty sure that I was never arguing that the Xbox One is beating PS4.

Oooookk...I was just pointing out that you gave a crappy example. and yes, I know what your main point was. I guess you missed the majority of my post were I addressed that.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

VitroBahllee said:

I'm amazed by what I see repeatedly online, and especially in the forums here: an assumption that the Xbox One, by virtue of not being number one, is doing terribly. 

PS4 is doing great! I'm very happy to see it doing so well. It's an awesome, affordable, and powerful console with a lot of great experiences. It's selling great.

For the week of April 12th, the PS4 sold 127k. The Xbox One sold 92k. About a third less than the PS4. The Wii U sold 32k. That's less than one third OF the Xbox One's sales.

I will agree that PS4 is winning the generation. It doesn't always win the NA region (the Xbox One frequently sells more than PS4 in the NA region on a weekly basis), but it wins globally. It's doing great. The Xbox One, for its part, is outselling its predecessor, the Xbox 360, at the same point in time. It's selling well. Its software is consistently in the global top ten, despite the console only doing really great in a few regions. 

I'm just surprised at how many people act like not being number one is bad, or say that the Xbox One is doing just as poorly as the Wii U. It's just not number one. I don't understand how it became the most hated console of a generation for little to no reason. I love mine.

if this was true then xbox one would have won the last 4 npd's