By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

VitroBahllee said:

Selling twice as much as Wii U in Europe. It isn't number one but it isn't as awful as people like to pretend.

Selling twice as much as the Wii U isn't much of an accomplishment and neither are the numbers the XBO is actually pushing in Europe. ~20k, sometimes less than that, according to VGC. It's not "pretend."

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Pristine20 said:
Brutalyst said:
Didnt read all the posts as in a bit of a rush.

But when people say 'XBox One is selling terribly' I dont assume they means because its selling badly in itself, as its sold very respectable numbers. The problem and what I assume is meant by that sentence is by how by the disparity is between that and its direct competition the PS4. The XBone has been selling well, but it has a pretty wide gap between how much that sold compared to its competion, which is bad for them.

Approx 3 mil is not a wide gap. It's nothing a black friday blockbuster exclusive cant easily erode. At current percentages, it looks bad but the raw numbers are not bad at all

What do you mean by erode?

Cause without PS4 supply issues and XB1 super price cut game bundles,  that gap is only going to grow.

Erode means "close the gap" basically. Current trends are bad but if M$ suddenly announced a $100 price cut along with Exclusive GTA next, FF next and some suck new IPs, do you think the gap will stay as is through this holiday season? That's what I meant. If the ps4 was leading by say 10 mil, it would be a bit different but current numbers are not hard to overcome.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Just look at 2014 sales, its doing bad.
Outselling the wiiu is no accomplishment or a definition of doing good.
Doing less then half of your direct competitor is bad.

Pristine20 said:

Erode means "close the gap" basically. Current trends are bad but if M$ suddenly announced a $100 price cut along with Exclusive GTA next, FF next and some suck new IPs, do you think the gap will stay as is through this holiday season? That's what I meant. If the ps4 was leading by say 10 mil, it would be a bit different but current numbers are not hard to overcome.

Well, I would eviscerate Square Enix with my sattelite cannon if that happened. Not that a JRPG would matter to MS anyway, but as long as MS is trailing in the US its unlikely that anyone will rush to be exclusive with them without some heavy monetary compensation.

While it is early, Consoles are quite predicatable, assuming you have the right information. How they fare intially allows for some accurate tracking of how they fare down the line. Even with holiday sales. 1 bf can't move more than 1 million, so if XO wants to close the gap it needs to be consistently outselling the PS4.

Luckilly, at least on the US front, it is a closer race. But I don't think we will have a clearer picture till this next NPD, supply constraints and price slashed bundles have skewed it a bit.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BeElite said:
Just look at 2014 sales, its doing bad.
Outselling the wiiu is no accomplishment or a definition of doing good.
Doing less then half of your direct competitor is bad.

The difference bettween PS4 > Xbone is the same than 3DS > Vita.

Around the Network

The Xbox 360 had 6 million consoles sold before the PS3 and Wii even sold a SINGLE console.. how did that go for them? They ended up in 3rd place. Sorry.. the first few years mean nothing. While I still think the PS4 will WIN this generation... I don't think we can REALLY make any assumptions less then 6 months in.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Miguel_Zorro said:

I thought it was tracking ahead of the 360?

Overall yeap... 2014x2006 not... 360 is catching.

cpg716 said:
The Xbox 360 had 6 million consoles sold before the PS3 and Wii even sold a SINGLE console.. how did that go for them? They ended up in 3rd place. Sorry.. the first few years mean nothing. While I still think the PS4 will WIN this generation... I don't think we can REALLY make any assumptions less then 6 months in.

Means everything, 360 did what it did partly to its early launch advantage.  Align launches and PS3 beats it, that early lead kept 360s ass ahead for 90% of the gen. 

There is no early launch to expalin and excuse X1 selling half of PS4.

ethomaz said:

The difference bettween PS4 > Xbone is the same than 3DS > Vita.

Exactly, Sony should kill the vita and funnel all money effert into the PS4

Miguel_Zorro said:

I still think the XBox One is going to do better than the 360.

I don't think Xbone will sell over 80 million.

PS4 will eat Xbone market share in US... it will be close to 50/50 in US... 360 was 70/30 in US.

Europe and Japan will be over 80/20 for PS4.