By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Version of Amazing Spiderman 2 officially cancelled according to Gamestop.

Sony pulled out the red tape. Bad form Sony, owning the IP and all.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

All I am saying is MS doesnt like bad press.

And this is unique to them? Every company tries to avoid this.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I was never trying to rid you of your opinion. I was just stating the fact that this issue is more a foreshadowing much like other pieces of news.

Oh I know you weren't trying to do that but we'll see. Like I said until a bigger, more hyped game gets cancelled this will pretty much be treated like an isolated circumstance.

The foreshadowing I speak of is going along the lines of more powerful and more demanding AAA games like the Witcher 3 and others coming soon causing the next gen consoles to chug. If Sony console chugs early then MS is definitely going to.

Do you imply the game was cancelled because it ran too bad on Xbone? Studios want to make money off their games so they will mostlikely put much effort in their games so they sell on as many systems as possible. Of course WiiU is no good example but as we know so do other studios that Nintendo games sell a lot better than 3rd party games on Nintendo systems.

"Foreshadowing" something based on Spiderman is way too much brain spent into this "issue".

Why are you guys still debating? The game is NOT canceled

Nem said:
To those that dont understand, is it really that difficult to understand that they decide not to invest on a port for a console with a 4m userbase?

I think people forget that sometimes.

Vita has a greater install base than WiiU and also doesn't get a port.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Do you know the reason for the X1 delay then?  If so, can you share?

Blood_Tears said:
BenVTrigger said:

Do you know the reason for the X1 delay then?  If so, can you share?

No idea and the gane may very well end up being canceled who knows.

That beeing said I was clearing up the statement GameStop had officially canceled it on our end. The game is still in our system, able to be pre ordered, and has a release date of July. 

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I was never trying to rid you of your opinion. I was just stating the fact that this issue is more a foreshadowing much like other pieces of news.

Oh I know you weren't trying to do that but we'll see. Like I said until a bigger, more hyped game gets cancelled this will pretty much be treated like an isolated circumstance.

The foreshadowing I speak of is going along the lines of more powerful and more demanding AAA games like the Witcher 3 and others coming soon causing the next gen consoles to chug. If Sony console chugs early then MS is definitely going to.

Do you imply the game was cancelled because it ran too bad on Xbone? Studios want to make money off their games so they will mostlikely put much effort in their games so they sell on as many systems as possible. Of course WiiU is no good example but as we know so do other studios that Nintendo games sell a lot better than 3rd party games on Nintendo systems.

"Foreshadowing" something based on Spiderman is way too much brain spent into this "issue".

Spiderman isnt the first game, so its not like our worries are unfounded. If Microsoft plans on posing a challenge to Sony they need (much like the 360) to change peoples opinions on superior multiplats on their console they must get that cloud to bump up the quality of their games and fast. Microsoft is generally good at squashing bad press. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Spiderman isnt the first game, so its not like our worries are unfounded. If Microsoft plans on posing a challenge to Sony they need (much like the 360) to change peoples opinions on superior multiplats on their console they must get that cloud to bump up the quality of their games and fast. Microsoft is generally good at squashing bad press. 

What other game was cancelled?

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They had already said on twitter the game was 1080/30 on both X1 and PS4 (which, many multiplats are only 900 on X1). http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Amazing-Spider-Man-2-1080p-30fps-PS4-Xbox-One-63528.html So while I'm sure PS4 fans will FUD performance was the reason, it wasn't. Besides the fact there are MUCH better looking games on X1, some of them at 1080P.  Besides the game is ugly as sin and looks horrible. Most likely $ony paid off to keep the game from Xbox One players since it is a $ony owned movie.

I have a feeling the movie will bomb as hard as the game. Sony seems to be doing quite poorly with their movies lately as well, most of them seem to bomb that I notice.