By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Woman runs over teenaged cyclist, then sues his bereaved family

TheBlackNaruto said:
DD_Bwest said:

it mentions the family sueing the lady, and they had the lawyer before the lawsuit(the ladys suit) was filed, because he didnt want to have to tell the family. But it doesnt say which was filed first. If the family was sueing the lady first, she has every right to file a counter suit, especially if it was the teenagers negligence.

should probably wait until more is revealed before casting judgement

She was already speeding on a dark and wet road at night. And she has killed a child while seriously injuring two others. So instead of reachign out to the families that she has torn apart....even if she was being sued she just for funeral sosts etc(which are still expenseive) she instead wants 1.35 million dollars and is not taking ahy responisbility herself? Not casting judgement at all but no matter how you look at it....this is LOW

shes not being sued for just funeral costs, shes being sued for almost a million.  

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Leadified said:
Marks said:
Gotta love America's sue first ask questions later mentality. I hate this shit, everyone is looking for a free ride. It's disgusting.

Except this isn't in America.

Oh I didn't even realize this was in Canada! 

Something in this story sounds strange. I don't think that boy was going out for 'hotdogs' at that time and the brother could have been a drug addict. 

I don't really know what happened but the Sun's article is missing critical information.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/04/24/christie-blatchford-family-of-teen-fatally-struck-by-suv-sued-by-motorist-for-her-pain-and-suffering/

The National Post did a much better job of covering the event.

MoHasanie said:
Leadified said:
Marks said:
Gotta love America's sue first ask questions later mentality. I hate this shit, everyone is looking for a free ride. It's disgusting.

Something in this story sounds strange. I don't think that boy was going out for 'hotdogs' at that time and the brother could have been a drug addict. 

Which is coincidentally located in America.

Leadified said:
MoHasanie said:
Leadified said:
Marks said:

I don't really know what happened but the Sun's article is missing critical information.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/04/24/christie-blatchford-family-of-teen-fatally-struck-by-suv-sued-by-motorist-for-her-pain-and-suffering/

The National Post did a much better job of covering the event.

the Suns articles are usually pretty bad lol The post is pretty good and  the province did a pretty good job aswell

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Barozi said:
MoHasanie said:
Leadified said:
Marks said:

Which is coincidentally located in America.

I believe Marks was referring to the United States not North America or the Americas.

Around the Network

People are judging her way too fast, without the facts, which is typical. Terrible written article as well. Kids were at fault, she did nothing wrong as a driver, but their families sued anyway. She counter sued, as she should.

TheLastStarFighter said:
People are judging her way too fast, without the facts, which is typical. Terrible written article as well. Kids were at fault, she did nothing wrong as a driver, but their families sued anyway. She counter sued, as she should.

yeah think so too ...

I would like to see how those here in the thread would react if you drive in your car and someone elso causing an accident with you at no fault and then the parents of that one who caused the accident who was at 100% fault sue you for $1mio ...

edit:
still sad for the victims and families ... on both sides.

how the fuck were the kids at fault when they got hit from behind?

'merica?

Lusche said:

yeah think so too ...

I would like to see how those here in the thread would react if you drive in your car and someone elso causing an accident with you at no fault and then the parents of that one who caused the accident who was at 100% fault sue you for $1mio ...

edit:
still sad for the victims and families ... on both sides.

Well, that's the kicker. The Post article specifies that she hit them from behind. While it seems not to be the case in Canada, where I come from if you hit someone from behind, you are at fault, period. So I can't really sympathize with her at all.