By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY's E3, 12 Month Mega Bomb.

Who wins Holiday 2014- Holiday 2015 ?

Playstation 4's line up too strong. 283 52.90%

Wii-U Crushes all. 75 14.02%

XBOne with a historic comeback. 52 9.72%

I have no idea, but my popcorn is ready. 113 21.12%

Other. 12 2.24%

Total:535
GotBoth said:
sales2099 said:

This is probably going to be quoted to death, but unless every PS3 exclusive pulls an Infamous and sells better because PS4 is selling better, those bottom 3 IP's are all on a decline.

Also it wouldn't make much sense to blow their biggest load in 12 months when it could be spread out through the gen and sprinkle the gaps with new IPs and lesser known exclusives.

Halo 3 - 12 million

Halo 4 - 9 million - On A Decline

And Halo 5 is all Microsoft is Really Betting On Right Now.  At Least In Terms of What Could Change The Tide In the States.

And With Xbox One Install Base Looking Low, I Wouldn't Be Suprised if Halo 5 Does 4-5 Mil Max. Can't Do Over 9 Mil if there are not 9 Mil Xbox One's In the Wild.

You are a genius!

Seriously this would mean both Sony and MS never should release their big games in the beginning of a console's lifecycle which is crap. It's these games that make the platform interesting.

Look at TLoU: Considering the very large userbase the game (according to this site) sold low but people still talked about it a lot and PS3 in general.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
DriveClub Fall
The Order oct/nov
Uncharted4 nov/dec
GGames New IP
Sony Bend IP
GT7 Nov

Something like this, but with Ico thingy in there also.... also mentioned a couple of other games (not necessarily Sony)....

• TLOU - May
  • Driveclub - July to September
  • Beyond - September to November
  • GTAV - September to November
  • The Order - November

• ICO - March
  • Uncharted 4 - March to May
  • Agent (haha maybe) - May
  • Sony Bend IP
  • GG IP - September
  • GT7 Prologue - November

Once Sony get up and running they go into a familar release schedule Sept - Dec and then Feb/March seems to be their popular release time in previous years.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

KylieDog said:
selnor1983 said:
KylieDog said:

Sony has had best E3s since 2009 onwards.  Sure a few crappy moments in a  conference or two like Wonderbook, but Nintendos have all been awful, MS all had ridiculous amounts of Kinect, Sports talk, kids and multiplats including a yearly CoD video that looks like every other CoD.  Sony conferences have always shown off a decent amount of exclusives compared to MS, especially in the last 3 years since MS has had almost nothing while Sony kept supporting PS3.

Microsoft had more exclusive games last E3. They showed all core games the whole E3. Only the DRM thing marred MS win. Gamewise they stommped all over Sony last E3.

WIth multiplats being played on PC not Xbone, and trailers for games that barely existed and some that now no longer exist?  No.

Please elaborate. Last e3 microsoft showed forza 5, dead rising 3, ryse, killer instinct, titanfall, sunset overdrive, fable legends, quantum break, halo 5, plants vs zombies, all which exist and most havd already come out. Only black tusk studios visual graphics demo which wasnt a game will not be seen. Then there was all the indie arcade stuff exclusive they showed on top like max cotb and peggle 2. Considering ms have been regularly saying they have much more than last year to show exclusive wise is phenominal. Cant wait. Gonna be xbox best ever e3 by a country mile.

Normchacho said:
selnor1983 said:
Uncharted 4 will not release in 2014. maybe 2015. Maybe.

GT7 will not release before 2016.

GOW possibly will arrive Xmas 2015 or 2016.

LBP is not a system seller.

Sony have already struggled with hitting dates they claim ( Driveclub ) and are heavily relying on Indie titles right now.

I hope Im wrong as Microsoft seem to be very open about the fact they have huge amounts of Exclusive AAA titles this E3 and new IP's. I think Sony will get blown away exclusive wise this E3. Phil Spencer also said there are studios First party we don't even know about yet working on AAA games also to b revealed at E3. We need competition.

Whether you agree with me or not we will find out very soon.

In september of last year Kaz said that GT for the PS4 will be done "in a year or two"

Sony said gt5 was releasing 2 years before it did. It was delayed 3 times. Look at driveclub already this gen. And unless sony wants to release gt7 with ps2 assests then gt7 will not release before 2016. This is such an easy bet to win. Polyphony took 2 years to release the very poor update from 5 to 6. Arguably they didnt do a bloody thing in those 2 years. New gen, new assests needed. And the tracks in gt are very sparse and need remodeling. I predict spring 2017

ZombieVito said:
No more GoW please. The series needs to die.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to die. It would definitely sell very well if its a mainline title, a new trilogy like Halo 4, 5 and 6. I think they should do a new mythology entirely, and if Ascension was any indication, they will set God Of War 4 in Egyptian mythology.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo has a chance to have the best conference out of the 3 (although I expect all 3 to have great conferences)
Nintendo:
1. SMT x Fire Emblem
2. Bayonetta 2
3 SSB
4. New Metroid game
5. Zelda
6. New IP
7. Final Fantasy XV is announced for the Wii U
8. Kingdom Hearts 3 is announced for the Wii U
9. X gameplay and name reveal. 
Sony
1. Uncharted 4
2. The Order
3. New IP
4. New IP
5. Driveclub gameplay
6. Indie games (Transistor and The Witness) probably a quick montage
7. 3rd party games shown on stage

MS
1. Halo 2 Anniversary reveal
2. Forza Horizon 2 reveal
3. Quantum Break gameplay
4. Sunset Overdrive gameplay
5. Fable Legends gameplay
6. Halo 5 gameplay
7. New IP
8. Indie games (Below)
9. Price drop
10. 3rd party games shown on stage
11. Games with Gold start on Xbox One.

selnor1983 said:
Normchacho said:
selnor1983 said:

In september of last year Kaz said that GT for the PS4 will be done "in a year or two"

Sony said gt5 was releasing 2 years before it did. It was delayed 3 times. Look at driveclub already this gen. And unless sony wants to release gt7 with ps2 assests then gt7 will not release before 2016. This is such an easy bet to win. Polyphony took 2 years to release the very poor update from 5 to 6. Arguably they didnt do a bloody thing in those 2 years. New gen, new assests needed. And the tracks in gt are very sparse and need remodeling. I predict spring 2017

They will not need to create whole new assests. We've known since before GT5 came out that PD has been future proofing all of it's models for years. What you see in game is not the full models especially of the "premium" cars.

Why would being "sparse" require remodeling? The layouts are accurate and anything in the background can just be added.

Now, I don't expect to see more than four or five hundred cars in GT7 because although I'm sure some of the current "standards" will be upgraded many will just dissapear. 

I don't know when the last time you played a GT game was but it's pretty easy to see where those three years went going from GT5 to GT6 if you regularly played both.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

NobleTeam360 said:

I think Nintendo has a chance to have the best conference out of the 3 (although I expect all 3 to have great conferences)
Nintendo:
1. SMT x Fire Emblem
2. Bayonetta 2
3 SSB
4. New Metroid game
5. Zelda
6. New IP
7. Final Fantasy XV is announced for the Wii U
8. Kingdom Hearts 3 is announced for the Wii U

9. X gameplay and name reveal. 
Sony
1. Uncharted 4
2. The Order
3. New IP
4. New IP
5. Driveclub gameplay
6. Indie games (Transistor and The Witness) probably a quick montage
7. 3rd party games shown on stage

MS
1. Halo 2 Anniversary reveal
2. Forza Horizon 2 reveal
3. Quantum Break gameplay
4. Sunset Overdrive gameplay
5. Fable Legends gameplay
6. Halo 5 gameplay
7. New IP
8. Indie games (Below)
9. Price drop
10. 3rd party games shown on stage
11. Games with Gold start on Xbox One.

.........That's not happening. Sorry!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

.........That's not happening. Sorry!

Why do you have to ruin my dreams?!?!?!?!?!

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
DriveClub Fall
The Order oct/nov
Uncharted4 nov/dec
GGames New IP
Sony Bend IP
GT7 Nov

Curious what makes people think GT7 will be in 2015, 2 years after GT6.

Because GT6 was a 3 year dev cycle on established hardware. So logically GT7 would take another 3 years. But then again its newer, more powerful hardware, so it could be 4 years. 

because PolyPhony said that it will either be a 2014 or 2015 tittle.