By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY's E3, 12 Month Mega Bomb.

Who wins Holiday 2014- Holiday 2015 ?

Playstation 4's line up too strong. 283 52.90%

Wii-U Crushes all. 75 14.02%

XBOne with a historic comeback. 52 9.72%

I have no idea, but my popcorn is ready. 113 21.12%

Other. 12 2.24%

Total:535

In my experience with Sony, they announce games wayyyyyy before they come out for the most part. I wouldnt be shocked by the regulars to be announced but nothing releasing until a year later.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

The people who say that about Judgment are just as incorrect as you are. Spin-offs/prequels are absolutely NOT indicative of people's current interest in a franchise as a whole, and neither are games released on a console after its successor comes out. Both instances are proven to result in reduced sales of a particular installment within just about every franchise. Just because people have less of a reason to buy that particular installment doesn't mean interest in the IP as a whole has diminished. If you're really arguing that the next Gears or God of War mainline title will sell similarly or worse than Judgment or Ascension, I'd be more than happy to take that bet. Same with GT7 in relation to GT6.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with your last sentence. I mean I kind of figured it's an attempt at some sort of backhanded insult towards PS fans, but considering how nonsensical it is, it would seem you need some more practice. Kind of odd, considering how much experience you have.

Halo Reach has something to say about that. Both Gears and GOW are considered mainline, official entries and both IPs are on a decline, simple, done.

As for GT.......does PS4 have a competing SIM? Some magical reason thats keeping people from buying GT6? No. Buzz for a new console shouldn't diminish ones interest in their #1 flagship exclusive. Maybe.....just maybe, people thought it offered too little of improvements over 5, not warranting a purchase? Same thing happened with Forza 4.

You are just telling me about how Sony is terrible at scheduling releases for their best titles, that still doesn't change results. If the next Gears, GOW, or GT sell much better, then that is a positive regrowth for the franchises. Until then, they are on decline.

You must not know what "just about" means. And even then, there was still a decline over the previous installment, so your example just proves my point lol. Prequels with subtitles are mainline now? Are you for real?

Does PS4 need a competing SIM? If you really don't think releasing a game on an a console after its successor comes out is pretty much universally going to result in decreased sales, I don't know what to say. The fact that you have the word "sales" in your username but are oblivious to such basic trends is honestly hilarious.

GT6 was completed when it was completed. Sony can't magically schedule it to a more opertune time, and had they switched it to a PS4 title, they would have wasted a lot of resources and probably seen equivalent sales due to the limited install base. There was going to be a tradeoff no matter what they did with it. And again, the fact that you think one spin-off in a series is indicative of an entire trend of decline within the IP just speaks to your knowledge (or lack thereof) regarding sales.

sabastian said:
Richard_Feynman said:
vkaraujo said:
You guys can't be serious about another GoW...

I liked the first two and enjoyed the third, but i can't take more of that. I think if a GoW game even appears during E3 presentation i would just stop watching it...

Halos and Gears of Wars have released on a more regular basis than God of War. Same for Assasin's Creed. Same for Call of Duty. Even Uncharted has had more releases in teh same time frame. If you're tired of it then give it a skip. But please spare us the downer comments(?)

There are many people out there that would love to see the level of carnage only GoW can do for the first time on PS4. Millions.

Indeed, I myself can't wait for a NEW GOD OF WAR game on PS4.............oh my F'n god.........

God Of War IV is my most anticipated game till it is released lol, and I'm talking about all platforms.

bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

because PolyPhony said that it will either be a 2014 or 2015 tittle. 

Yes, because their word on release dates is air tight and what I said has no logic.

Its either a cash-in remaster of GT6 or a cash-in prologue of 7. No way its a full game.

or maybe, just maybe, they started working on it before late 2013? 

PD is a relatively small team, 2013 was crunch time for GT6. Maybe they set some people aside to start the brainstorming phase but that said, the game took 3 years on a console they had experience with. Logically, it would take at least that long to make a sequel, unless they again take advantage of you guys with a cash grab prologue or GT6 remaster.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DucksUnlimited said:
sales2099 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

The people who say that about Judgment are just as incorrect as you are. Spin-offs/prequels are absolutely NOT indicative of people's current interest in a franchise as a whole, and neither are games released on a console after its successor comes out. Both instances are proven to result in reduced sales of a particular installment within just about every franchise. Just because people have less of a reason to buy that particular installment doesn't mean interest in the IP as a whole has diminished. If you're really arguing that the next Gears or God of War mainline title will sell similarly or worse than Judgment or Ascension, I'd be more than happy to take that bet. Same with GT7 in relation to GT6.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with your last sentence. I mean I kind of figured it's an attempt at some sort of backhanded insult towards PS fans, but considering how nonsensical it is, it would seem you need some more practice. Kind of odd, considering how much experience you have.

Halo Reach has something to say about that. Both Gears and GOW are considered mainline, official entries and both IPs are on a decline, simple, done.

As for GT.......does PS4 have a competing SIM? Some magical reason thats keeping people from buying GT6? No. Buzz for a new console shouldn't diminish ones interest in their #1 flagship exclusive. Maybe.....just maybe, people thought it offered too little of improvements over 5, not warranting a purchase? Same thing happened with Forza 4.

You are just telling me about how Sony is terrible at scheduling releases for their best titles, that still doesn't change results. If the next Gears, GOW, or GT sell much better, then that is a positive regrowth for the franchises. Until then, they are on decline.

You must not know what "just about" means. And even then, there was still a decline over the previous installment, so your example just proves my point lol. Prequels with subtitles are mainline now? Are you for real?

Does PS4 need a competing SIM? If you really don't think releasing a game on an a console after its successor comes out is pretty much universally going to result in decreased sales, I don't know what to say. The fact that you have the word "sales" in your username but are oblivious to such basic trends is honestly hilarious.

GT6 was completed when it was completed. Sony can't magically schedule it to a more opertune time, and had they switched it to a PS4 title, they would have wasted a lot of resources and probably seen equivalent sales due to the limited install base. There was going to be a tradeoff no matter what they did with it. And again, the fact that you think one spin-off in a series is indicative of an entire trend of decline within the IP just speaks to your knowledge (or lack thereof) regarding sales.

Reach was a decline, but still sold 9.5 million. Mainline implies the games aren't spinoffs, which Gears and GOW weren't. Halo Wars, ODST, those are not considered mainline. Gears J and GOW A were therefore mainline.

I find it funny how you poke fun at my username and not appreciating the circumstances......yet ignore the incompetance of a multinational corporation in terms of scheduling for their #1 IP release. I am just saying a GT fan wouldn't be detered by the release of the PS4 to buy their favourite game. That and the game just doesn't offer too much over GT5 to warrant a purchase.

The PS4 releases may very well do better then their last entries. Congrats. Doesn't change the present, no matter how much you are hilariously trying to sugar coat it. Man up and deal. It isn't personal. Gears of War is my thing and I accept what happened. Whatever. You deal and hope the next one brings the magic back.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

PD is a relatively small team, 2013 was crunch time for GT6. Maybe they set some people aside to start the brainstorming phase but that said, the game took 3 years on a console they had experience with. Logically, it would take at least that long to make a sequel, unless they again take advantage of you guys with a cash grab prologue or GT6 remaster.

agreed. no way on earth could PD ever hire new people. 

bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

agreed. no way on earth could PD ever hire new people. 

If there was a massive hiring spree, id think the gaming media would have picked up on that. Regardless, best to wait and see.

BuckStud said:

"If Sony plays its cards right, the Playstation 4 will continue to dominate the sales charts between Nov 2014- Nov 2015, and here is how.

- Uncharted 4 Nov 2014

- God Of War Mar 2015

- Little Big Planet Aug 2015

- Gran Turismo Nov 2015"

...and people keep saying that Nintendo and Microsoft keep rehashing old IP's?!? ... pot, kettle, black

lol all other then GT are last gens new ips.  While MS is riding Halo since its first console and Ninty is still majority Mario.

BeElite said:
BuckStud said:

"If Sony plays its cards right, the Playstation 4 will continue to dominate the sales charts between Nov 2014- Nov 2015, and here is how.

- Uncharted 4 Nov 2014

- God Of War Mar 2015

- Little Big Planet Aug 2015

- Gran Turismo Nov 2015"

...and people keep saying that Nintendo and Microsoft keep rehashing old IP's?!? ... pot, kettle, black

lol all other then GT are last gens new ips.  While MS is riding Halo since its first console and Ninty is still majority Mario.

Al other than GT and GOW you mean. Also to reply to his comment Sony does depend on their big guns like everyone else but they also create more new IPs and try different things IMO that is. Just thinking about things like Folklore(l loved that game), Heavenly Sword(even though it didn't do all that great), Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted, TLOU, LBP, Infamous, Resistance, Journey, Flower,Tales of Xilla, Ni no Kuni etc (I left out games from the PS era on purpose like Killzone, Rachet and Clank, MLB: The Show etc). Now all those games may not have sold or got a very good meta score but they are games Sony gave cahnces and tried out. I think that is one of the reasons they never got as much flak as MS/Nin.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

The bitterness coming from MS die-hard fans is so delightful :)

I think it's a risky bet to think that a company with such an awesome development record and so many dev team like Sony will suddenly lose to MS with their skimpy history of exclusives and number of dev teams. If anything, what we're gonna see is the power of Sony's battle-tested and talented teams vs the power of MS money.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.