By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY's E3, 12 Month Mega Bomb.

Who wins Holiday 2014- Holiday 2015 ?

Playstation 4's line up too strong. 283 52.90%

Wii-U Crushes all. 75 14.02%

XBOne with a historic comeback. 52 9.72%

I have no idea, but my popcorn is ready. 113 21.12%

Other. 12 2.24%

Total:535
NobleTeam360 said:
AZWification said:

.........That's not happening. Sorry!

Why do you have to ruin my dreams?!?!?!?!?!

Dreaming can be very unhealthy at times.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
KylieDog said:
selnor1983 said:
KylieDog said:

Sony has had best E3s since 2009 onwards.  Sure a few crappy moments in a  conference or two like Wonderbook, but Nintendos have all been awful, MS all had ridiculous amounts of Kinect, Sports talk, kids and multiplats including a yearly CoD video that looks like every other CoD.  Sony conferences have always shown off a decent amount of exclusives compared to MS, especially in the last 3 years since MS has had almost nothing while Sony kept supporting PS3.

Microsoft had more exclusive games last E3. They showed all core games the whole E3. Only the DRM thing marred MS win. Gamewise they stommped all over Sony last E3.

WIth multiplats being played on PC not Xbone, and trailers for games that barely existed and some that now no longer exist?  No.

Please elaborate. Last e3 microsoft showed forza 5, dead rising 3, ryse, killer instinct, titanfall, sunset overdrive, fable legends, quantum break, halo 5, plants vs zombies, all which exist and most havd already come out. Only black tusk studios visual graphics demo which wasnt a game will not be seen. Then there was all the indie arcade stuff exclusive they showed on top like max cotb and peggle 2. Considering ms have been regularly saying they have much more than last year to show exclusive wise is phenominal. Cant wait. Gonna be xbox best ever e3 by a country mile.

I think what he meant was that every big XBone exclusive at E3 last year was demoed on a PC. I mean come on, let's be honest for a second here; Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and RYSE didn't look even remotely close to what we saw at MS's press conference. All the games in their final product were severely downgraded. MS themselves even admitted to it. Say what you will about Sony, but all the games they show are actually demoed on their respective console. I mean, hell, inFamous: SS ended up looking far BETTER than what we saw at E3. 

Sony spent E3 last year to reveal the PS4. Now they can go all out with the exclusives this time around, and we know they will. I have a feeling the UC4 gameplay is going to absolutely steal the show. The best I can see coming out of the M$ conference would be some actual Halo 5 ameplay. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

selnor1983 said:
Normchacho said:
selnor1983 said:
Uncharted 4 will not release in 2014. maybe 2015. Maybe.

GT7 will not release before 2016.

GOW possibly will arrive Xmas 2015 or 2016.

LBP is not a system seller.

Sony have already struggled with hitting dates they claim ( Driveclub ) and are heavily relying on Indie titles right now.

I hope Im wrong as Microsoft seem to be very open about the fact they have huge amounts of Exclusive AAA titles this E3 and new IP's. I think Sony will get blown away exclusive wise this E3. Phil Spencer also said there are studios First party we don't even know about yet working on AAA games also to b revealed at E3. We need competition.

Whether you agree with me or not we will find out very soon.

In september of last year Kaz said that GT for the PS4 will be done "in a year or two"

Sony said gt5 was releasing 2 years before it did. It was delayed 3 times. Look at driveclub already this gen. And unless sony wants to release gt7 with ps2 assests then gt7 will not release before 2016. This is such an easy bet to win. Polyphony took 2 years to release the very poor update from 5 to 6. Arguably they didnt do a bloody thing in those 2 years. New gen, new assests needed. And the tracks in gt are very sparse and need remodeling. I predict spring 2017

GT5 was the only GT title to ever see any delays, and that was because of development issues that kept on coming up from PS3's complicated hardware. Notice how GT6 came out just on time. Polphony has clearly been hard at work on GT7 for a while now, and they're right at home with PS4 hardware. GT6 was merely a placeholder to keep fans satisfied while they work on GT7. I can see a mid-2015 release at the latest.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DucksUnlimited said:
sales2099 said:

If people say Gears of War Judgement is on a decline or "dead" as a IP then that also applies to GOW. Same month, both prequels, yadayada. Both games performance is representative of the fanbases current interest in the series as a whole.

Write Sony a letter if you think they cannabilized their own flagship exclusive GT. Doesn't change results. I thought GT fans were special or the IP was special.....

The people who say that about Judgment are just as incorrect as you are. Spin-offs/prequels are absolutely NOT indicative of people's current interest in a franchise as a whole, and neither are games released on a console after its successor comes out. Both instances are proven to result in reduced sales of a particular installment within just about every franchise. Just because people have less of a reason to buy that particular installment doesn't mean interest in the IP as a whole has diminished. If you're really arguing that the next Gears or God of War mainline title will sell similarly or worse than Judgment or Ascension, I'd be more than happy to take that bet. Same with GT7 in relation to GT6.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with your last sentence. I mean I kind of figured it's an attempt at some sort of backhanded insult towards PS fans, but considering how nonsensical it is, it would seem you need some more practice. Kind of odd, considering how much experience you have.

Halo Reach has something to say about that. Both Gears and GOW are considered mainline, official entries and both IPs are on a decline, simple, done.

As for GT.......does PS4 have a competing SIM? Some magical reason thats keeping people from buying GT6? No. Buzz for a new console shouldn't diminish ones interest in their #1 flagship exclusive. Maybe.....just maybe, people thought it offered too little of improvements over 5, not warranting a purchase? Same thing happened with Forza 4.

You are just telling me about how Sony is terrible at scheduling releases for their best titles, that still doesn't change results. If the next Gears, GOW, or GT sell much better, then that is a positive regrowth for the franchises. Until then, they are on decline.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
DriveClub Fall
The Order oct/nov
Uncharted4 nov/dec
GGames New IP
Sony Bend IP
GT7 Nov

Curious what makes people think GT7 will be in 2015, 2 years after GT6.

Because GT6 was a 3 year dev cycle on established hardware. So logically GT7 would take another 3 years. But then again its newer, more powerful hardware, so it could be 4 years. 

because PolyPhony said that it will either be a 2014 or 2015 tittle. 

Yes, because their word on release dates is air tight and what I said has no logic.

Its either a cash-in remaster of GT6 or a cash-in prologue of 7. No way its a full game.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:
You guys can't be serious about another GoW...

I liked the first two and enjoyed the third, but i can't take more of that. I think if a GoW game even appears during E3 presentation i would just stop watching it...

Halos and Gears of Wars have released on a more regular basis than God of War. Same for Assasin's Creed. Same for Call of Duty. Even Uncharted has had more releases in teh same time frame. If you're tired of it then give it a skip. But please spare us the downer comments(?)

There are many people out there that would love to see the level of carnage only GoW can do for the first time on PS4. Millions.

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

because PolyPhony said that it will either be a 2014 or 2015 tittle. 

Yes, because their word on release dates is air tight and what I said has no logic.

Its either a cash-in remaster of GT6 or a cash-in prologue of 7. No way its a full game.

or maybe, just maybe, they started working on it before late 2013? 

Richard_Feynman said:
vkaraujo said:
You guys can't be serious about another GoW...

I liked the first two and enjoyed the third, but i can't take more of that. I think if a GoW game even appears during E3 presentation i would just stop watching it...

Halos and Gears of Wars have released on a more regular basis than God of War. Same for Assasin's Creed. Same for Call of Duty. Even Uncharted has had more releases in teh same time frame. If you're tired of it then give it a skip. But please spare us the downer comments(?)

There are many people out there that would love to see the level of carnage only GoW can do for the first time on PS4. Millions.

Indeed, I myself can't wait for a NEW GOD OF WAR game on PS4.............oh my F'n god.........

"If Sony plays its cards right, the Playstation 4 will continue to dominate the sales charts between Nov 2014- Nov 2015, and here is how.

- Uncharted 4 Nov 2014

- God Of War Mar 2015

- Little Big Planet Aug 2015

- Gran Turismo Nov 2015"

...and people keep saying that Nintendo and Microsoft keep rehashing old IP's?!? ... pot, kettle, black

Stop hating and start playing.

BuckStud said:

"If Sony plays its cards right, the Playstation 4 will continue to dominate the sales charts between Nov 2014- Nov 2015, and here is how.

- Uncharted 4 Nov 2014

- God Of War Mar 2015

- Little Big Planet Aug 2015

- Gran Turismo Nov 2015"

...and people keep saying that Nintendo and Microsoft keep rehashing old IP's?!? ... pot, kettle, black

It goes both ways with people saying that. So yeah each console has its own rehashed old IP. But I fully expect Media Molecule to come with something original like they did with Tearaway.

PSN ID: clemens-nl