By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will have a bigger first week? Mario Kart 8 or Watch Dogs

Which one will win lifetime sales?

WD 260 51.90%

MK8 205 40.92%

see results 36 7.19%

Total:501
Dulfite said:
Ubisoft has sold a total of around 73 million games right?

The last Mario Kart console game alone sold around 30 million right?

Don't mix up initial hype for watchdogs with long legs.

That was just assassins creed

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
Dulfite said:

Ah my bad I misread. Still, 73mil is the highest selling franchise right? So One Mario Kart game (the last console one to be precise) sold close to half of the entire series of Ubisofts most successful franchise.

I don't know if Mk8 launch is worldwide but if not, only the ps4 version of watch dogs can outsell it. Forget the 5 or 6 platforms thing, doesn't matter.

I'll watch those dogs out kart Mario even though they don't have one. Watch_Dogs, obviously.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Dulfite said:
Wonktonodi said:
Dulfite said:

Ah my bad I misread. Still, 73mil is the highest selling franchise right? So One Mario Kart game (the last console one to be precise) sold close to half of the entire series of Ubisofts most successful franchise.

Sold..?..

or bundled/given away, casue my best buy has a wiiu kart bundle to this day.  

Around the Network

Watch Dogs hands down it wont even be close... having said that Mario Kart will be a success for the Wii U but Watch Dogs should do really well and its on just about every console out right now.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Watch Dogs will outsell it significantly. How could it not, it's on more platforms. But on the WiiU, MK should outsell it quite dramatically.

I don't think Mario Kart will do that well though compared to it's predecessor. I haven't seen a compelling reason to buy it over the Wii version (which had the 'cool' little wheel.) And the WiiU doesn't have the same fire for sales the Wii did. I don't think Mario Kart will significantly push WiiU sales either. Sorry, I wish I was more optimistic, but I think the WiiU needs a game that only works on the WiiU that has the general public interest - as did Wii Sports when the original Wii launched (and movement in general.)

I really thought Pikmen would be more of a system seller. It needs... something.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

chapset said:
watchdog ps4 > mario kart wii U, sup!!!! come at me

BeElite said:
Dulfite said:
Wonktonodi said:
Dulfite said:

Sold..?..

or bundled/given away, casue my best buy has a wiiu kart bundle to this day.  

I do wonder about that at times.  After mario kart's release there was almost no way to buy a wii without a copy of the game, even today.  Not saying mario kart wouldn't have sold well, of course it would, I just wonder how much of an impact the bundling had and how many people just sort of wound up with the game because it was there, and the same with all games that come bundled.

Watch Dogs.