By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will have a bigger first week? Mario Kart 8 or Watch Dogs

Which one will win lifetime sales?

WD 260 51.90%

MK8 205 40.92%

see results 36 7.19%

Total:501

Watch Dogs easily first week and lifetime shouldn't be a big issue as well (if it isn't a complete desaster after all these delays).

Around the Network

Serious question? Watch Dogs ofcourse. Game is being hyped like crazy, it's one of the next gen games with the highest amount of views on youtube, people are really looking forward to another open world game. The PS4 bundle of WD will sell more than MK8 bundle.

spurgeonryan said:

It was probably Nintendo who told them to move the Wii U date.....

Unlikely - they would have said to move it back a month, not 6 months.

Watch Dogs is in 5 systems so it will outsell MK8 imo

Watch Dogs will easily win lifetime when it goes on sale for $5 on steam every other week.

Around the Network

I see the decision is mostly unanimous, but let me go against the grain and vote for MK8.

I say this because MK8 is an established franchise while Watch Dogs is a new IP. Sure, the hardcore crowd will buy Watch Dogs in droves, but we are the minority. The majority of gamers are casual, and Watch Dogs isn't a game they will know much about. However, Mario Kart is a game they know.

Watch Dogs being available for 5 systems simply spreads it's sales thin (thin, as in over a larger field as opposed to on a single system). There will be people who own both a PS4 and Xbox One but decide to get the PC version; and of course vice versa. However, MK8 is only on one console - and even though it's only on one console, it doesn't necessarily mean it can't outsell a game on 5 systems. There have been many examples of this with many other games.

First week, watch dogs will annihilate mario kart. Lifetime, depending on how long nintendo bundles it, kart could wind up trickling past watch dogs simply because the only way anyone can buy a wii u is with a copy of mario kart.

Though I will buying MK8 when the time comes, I have a feeling Watch Dogs will sell more....

I' willing to bet Watchdogs PS4 sku can come close to MK

Devil_Survivor said:
Cheebee said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Its sort of an unfair comparison since Watch Dogs, as like 10 people pointed out, is on 5 systems. If you wanted to say compare the PS4 WatchDogs to Mario Kart then that's a better comparison.

Six.

PC/PS3/PS4/X360/X1/Wii U.

OT: MK8 will outsell all individual versions of W_D, but not combined.

Well the Wii U version isn't releasing until god knows when lol. Mind if I add you on 3DS?

True that. But still.

Sure no problem, go ahead! If you give me your friendcode, I'll add you too.  

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046