By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the quality of PS+ Free Games going down?

The quality went down last week because I didn't want any of the games they offered but this week the quality went up because I do want the games they're offering. Whether the months afterwards go down in quality is completely dependent on if Sony serve me and only me.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

No.

I always thought PS+ was intended for ''new'' PS3 / vita owners. Every single multiplatform games released on PS+ last year I had already played on the 360. The only two games worth downloading were Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2.

If anything, I valvued the PS+ discounts more than the free games. And of all my friends who own PS+, not a single one have downloaded a game they have never played before.

foodfather said:
I always thought PS+ was intended for ''new'' PS3 / vita owners. Every single multiplatform games released on PS+ last year I had already played on the 360. The only two games worth downloading were Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2.

If anything, I valvued the PS+ discounts more than the free games. And of all my friends who own PS+, not a single one have downloaded a game they have never played before.

I have a very hard time believing this considering how niche some of the offerings are.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

vivster said:

Not going down. It's just hard to have a GOTG every month.

Win post for implied meaning 😉

Around the Network

Its a weak month...but considering the amazing months we have just had...i think that's okay.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

The PS3 and Vita are still getting good games and while the PS4 titles aren't really "big-hitters" that can be attributed to being just the start of a gen. I fully expect by next year the PS4 titles to be more AAA titles as PS+ offerings.

Mr Puggsly said:
EB1994 said:

Bioshock Infinite was released in Feb for PS Plus. Also, I'd rather have Batman Arkham City han Remember Me...Just because the game is new doesn't mean it's good. BTW, Puppeteer is a better game than Remember Me, so it would mean the quality of games is going up.

I mean the quality as in the effort they're making to acquire notable games.  I don't think Batman Arkham City is the finest hour of the service given is an older game that can be found cheap.

Now May looks like they put no effort. I still anticipate notable releases in the future by the way. I'm just expecting them less often.

What are you comparing to btw?

The last couple of months of PS+ has been its best months in terms of 'AAA' games. May doesnt hold up well but you making it seem like a trend...which set of months are you basing this off?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

outlawauron said:
foodfather said:

I have a very hard time believing this considering how niche some of the offerings are.....

Nah... It's the internet. You can claim anything you want. I, for example have played not only all the past ps+ games before they were given for free, but the ones offered the next three months. Don't ask how and what they are. I'm an insider. 

naruball said:
outlawauron said:
foodfather said:

Nah... It's the internet. You can claim anything you want. I, for example have played not only all the past ps+ games before they were given for free, but the ones offered the next three months. Don't ask how and what they are. I'm an insider. 

Well, I don't doubt that some may own a lot of the PS+ content. I'd say I own the majority of what's offered but there's at least one new thing I haven't played or bought yet every month.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.