By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the quality of PS+ Free Games going down?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

OT: is anyone else with a PS+ subscription reluctant to buy games on PSN, even when they're on sale? I figure sooner or later they'll pop up for "free."

I feel the same way, I haven't bought anything in nearly a year and haven't needed to. There are very few games I deem worthy of a day 1 purchase and with the PS+ selection being so good I haven't had to spend a dime.

Around the Network

Not going down. It's just hard to have a GOTG every month.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS3 + is amazing. That said, when PS+ is pretty much mandatory for PS4 MP, it is no big surprise their offerings are just indies at the moment. Why give away top games when your winning in sales and enjoying a massive spike in subs?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'm not particularly interested in the games this month, but that doesnt mean I definately wouldnt like them if I tried them.

The thing about PS+ is that the range is so varied that everyone gets a large amount of games they like to play, even excluding all the ones they might not be interested in.

In EU we had Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 last month.

This month we have:

30th April: Stick it to the Man
30th April: Payday 2
30th April: Puppeteer
30th April: Muramasa Rebirth
30th April: Everybody’s Golf

I still havent gotten around to Payday 1 which was given away for free ages ago. Might try out puppeteer one day, and have been hearing good things about Muramasa Rebirth, a game which I hadnt even heard of before.

There was a rumour saying AAA games will arrive on PS4 before the end of the year. I'm assuming that is on top of the already announced drive club. I recon KZ:SF and MGS:GZ would make it on there.

d21lewis said:
HipHopGodd said:
Not across the board. But PS4's PS+ has bee atrocious thus far. I know it's still early in the life cycle but I was expecting the games to be at least enjoyable. The only enjoyable game for PS4 PS+ so far is Dead Nation and I had that game on PS3 and had to rebuy it on PS4. Still, I know future releases will make it worthwhile. PS+ started weak on PS3 as well.

I was kinda partial to Outlast, myself.

I think PS+ is gonna start sucking across the board aside from the discounts.  Why?  Because it doesn't have to be awesome anymore.  When Sony needed the cash and the support, there was incentive to throw everything but the kitchen sink at players.  Now, Sony is on track to become the only game in town.  What reason do they have to keep tossing top tier games at gamers?  Anybody with a PS3 is on borrowed time, anybody with a Vita is negligable, and anybody with a PS4 is gonna have to pay for online anyway.  Unless Xbox One becomes a threat, there just isn't much reason to try anymore.  

Playstation is gonna be like a fighter with no reason to train hard because they've beaten everybody.  This is just the beginning.  Competition brings out the best in everyone.

If they slack though, history will repeat itself. From their success with the PS1 and PS2, Sony became arrogant and that allowed to MS to capitalise with a better service. This in turn allowed Sony to become humbled and improve the PS3 as well as release a great console in PS4. If they become arrogant again and stop providing consumers with a good service, they'll just end up repeating the same mistake as with PS3 and allow someone else to take their throne.

Ultimately it's in their best idea to keep doing their best or risk losing the fight again. The only difference this time is that Sony has tasted defeat.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
they recently gave Bioshock infinite, a game with a 94 meta, so im gonna say, no.

Totally, agree so long they give every 3 months a super quality game worth more than 20 euro's than I'm already happy! Not even talking about the other ton of games worth less but also extremely much fun! You will hear me complain if they give us "crap games" for the next 12 months in a row. Only than I won't make any profit on PS+ :/

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Going down? It's hit rock bottom within the last two months. I'd rather have fucking Octodad than the grab we are getting for PS4 this month. I will try out Puppeteer and Skullgirls but fuck everything else. Not into Soccer or sports really for that matter. Isn't Fifa better anyways? Could have at least been that.

inevitable, i said that before.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

fps_d0minat0r said:
I'm not particularly interested in the games this month, but that doesnt mean I definately wouldnt like them if I tried them.

The thing about PS+ is that the range is so varied that everyone gets a large amount of games they like to play, even excluding all the ones they might not be interested in.

In EU we had Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 last month.

This month we have:

30th April: Stick it to the Man
30th April: Payday 2
30th April: Puppeteer
30th April: Muramasa Rebirth
30th April: Everybody’s Golf

I still havent gotten around to Payday 1 which was given away for free ages ago. Might try out puppeteer one day, and have been hearing good things about Muramasa Rebirth, a game which I hadnt even heard of before.

There was a rumour saying AAA games will arrive on PS4 before the end of the year. I'm assuming that is on top of the already announced drive club. I recon KZ:SF and MGS:GZ would make it on there.

This is exactly the point. PS+ has always catered to a wide audience, that is why every month you get a bunch of disgruntled people saying "I don't like that game" or "I don't like this game" because there's some type of game in there that they don't like.

I like FPS and RPGs, but it's silly for me to expect PS+ to deliver AAA games in those genres every month. In fact I see PS+ as a great way to try new genres and games that I never would have tried before. In fact some games such as Soul Sacrifice and Tomb Raider are games that I would have never played without PS+, but I've fallen in love with them because I was willing to try them with PS+.

Also this whole expectation that Sony will offer AAA games on PS+ from the start on PS4 is downright ridiculous. The PS4 library is minute compared to the PS3. Of course they won't be able to provide too many high quality games on Plus, especially not AAA because there aren't that many on PS4 to begin with. If you are an early adopter who bought PS+, then you should have come in expecting this, just like you bought the PS4 on launch knowing that people who buy it several years later will get an improved console/service at a lower cost and there won't be a huge lineup of games to play on your console at the start.

PS3 is still good.

PS4 not so much, but I don't think the whole concept if "giving away new-ish games" works very well on new systems. PS3 had the advantage of launching with a huge backlog to choose from.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League