By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Real Estate Corp®™ yes really.

Tagged games:

not really that weird to me, hell honda, nissan and toyota build homes over here.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
NiKKoM said:

Yeah.. strange thing to do... Sony wanted to focus and now goes into a sector they have no experience in.. Unless I put in how much money I make and what my expenses were when i created my PS account like 6 years ago.. the info is of no use.. I don't get this move.. stock seems to be down because of this?

Not necessarily; they already have a financial services department, which holds 100% of shares in their Life Insurance company, which has existed since 1979. My previous comment might have appeared to be facetious, but maybe it's time Sony weaned themselves off commodities and fully embraced services.

I read up some articles
blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/04/24/sony-strays-further-from-roots-into-real-estate/

The new company–Sony Real Estate Corp.–will start operating from August with capital of ¥250 million ($2.4 million). In addition to brokering property sales, Sony said the firm will also provide consulting services to companies on how to manage their real estate assets. Sony Real Estate will aim to list its shares in three years and target annual sales of ¥50 billion in five years, Sony said.

The money spend is probably to get the people who know about this stuff into the company.. still strange.. life insurance is so different then brokering real estate.. Will probably be very local to the Tokyo area at first.. Hope it works out for them

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

*Playstation eye looks around your room*

"That's no house to play your new PS4 in! Maybe we can interest you..."

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

With PS plus this month we giva a free house in Liverpool!

Well I guess if they force all PS Vita owners to live int he same neighbourhood they can start their own little commune.

Of course it's always good being a broker, because you get your fee regardless of whether the buyer or seller is getting shafted in the deal. Everyone works on commission to you don't have much in fixed salaries you have to pay when properties aren't selling. All in all not a bad game to get into. I wonder if they'll go into brothels next. Prostitution is a fairly recession proof industry. In the good times people want to have casual sex to celebrate, in the bad times people want to have casual sex to forget.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I thought they were trying to focus and simplify.

I guess they want to make Playstation Home a reality xD

You can't make this kind of stuff up, folks.

Really, are all of you kids or what? never own anything worth $ and sale it for more then your purchase price.

Since the dawn of civilization property has been some of the best investment possible. Flipping it is money in the bank, the hard part is you need some money in the first place. Selling some old building might have opened up some peoples eyes on the possibility of it at Sony.

kowenicki said:

January 2013

Sony CEO Kaz Hirai: 'We need to be a more focused company'

What if every house Sony sells has a Playstation 4 bundled? That certainly helps.