By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Real Estate Corp®™ yes really.

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
Dallinor said:
Soonerman said:
Pretty sad state for Sony if they have to step outside the real of electronics and entertainment to survive. They are pretty much acknowledging that their other businesses are going down.

Better to acknowledge the problems that exist and try to find alternative solutions, rather than drive the company into the ground by refusing to change.

Indeed they need to ditch all electronics aside from perhaps Playstation.   They cant compete at mobile and the rest are dead already.

Videocameras too? Sony's videocameras are pretty good. A standard at our University. They require all kind of gizmos licensed by Sony in order to work, or to even connect them to PC, but other than that, those are capable machines.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Wright said:

Videocameras too? Sony's videocameras are pretty good. A standard at our University. They require all kind of gizmos licensed by Sony in order to work, or to even connect them to PC, but other than that, those are capable machines.

Didnt say they werent... how much money do they make out of them?

How many "normal" consumers buy video cameras or any sort of camera these days?  Mobiles have killed them.  Higher end broadcast or film quality sure, but they are low volume products.

I'm a bit of a camera guy, I wouldnt dream of buying  a Sony SLR.  Nikon (always for me), Canon or GTFO.  Compacts are pointless.

Don't know, never seen a Sony report about this matter. Even if the sector was on decline, there's bound to be some kind of profit for investing in this market, if done correctly.

Figgycal said:
Kasz216 said:
I thought they were trying to focus and simplify.

A $2.4 million investment is pocket change.

And they just sold their Square Enxi stock (Also chump change) to simplify... when it was on a steep decline, rather then waiting it out and selliing it for a bigger profit.

It all seems like a waste of time and focus.

It's a bit extreme in this case but the phrase "Moving around deck chairs on the titantic" comes to mind.

They're getting rid of very minor investments at a less then optimal time, to start up other very minor investments.  It doesn't really serve any purpose that will effect the core issues of the company.

Using data gained from Playstation? Maybe they scanned Minecraft profiles to know in which kind of buildings people are interested in