By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Real Estate Corp®™ yes really.

Tagged games:

Kasz216 said:
I thought they were trying to focus and simplify.

A $2.4 million investment is pocket change.

Around the Network

I can't help to be blonde and in consequence... a little dumb! But what does this mean for my beloved Sony?

kowenicki said:
BeElite said:
Really, are all of you kids or what? never own anything worth $ and sale it for more then your purchase price.

Since the dawn of civilization property has been some of the best investment possible. Flipping it is money in the bank, the hard part is you need some money in the first place. Selling some old building might have opened up some peoples eyes on the possibility of it at Sony.

Excuse me?  Might want to watch that tone.

Yes real estate can be a good business, so should all companies do it then?   It is odd that a firm that is primarily an electronice business is suddenly going into real estate.  If you think this is an expected and predictable move then fine.  But nobody else on the planet had your insight.

What tone, it a game site where most are to young to have owned anything that ever grew in value and lack understaing of the potential in that said market.  Just the reality of the sitution.  It may not fit simple expectations but its liekly theirbulding sale opened their eyes to margins of profit that are damn impossible in hardware. 

Given their movie tvshow and game properties, toys should have been done long ago. 

kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
Kasz216 said:

Yes.  So why bother?  Focus?

Test the market gain insight, extrapalate potential from first hand experience.

kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
Kasz216 said:

Yes.  So why bother?  Focus?

I don't know the context of that quote, but being focused doesn't mean you're not allowed to diversify your investments. And there is more than one way to interpret "focus and simplify".

The article does say that Sony plans to open 10 new businesses in just 3 years. If they were just interested in setting up just the real estate company, I'm sure they would have given up a lot more money.

We already have Sony chemicals. Maybe we'll see Sony Solar next???????? Or Sony brand clothing?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

to what end?

Who knows, maybe to it being their most profitable business venture decade from now or just a failed irrelevent experiment. 

kowenicki said:

Even if that were true (in this case it isnt, I'm older than you, run a succesful business and have owned a few homes) it still isnt acceptable, its condescending.

Back OT:

You havent dealt with the Kaz statement to "focus" on its core.

You seem to be dealing with this in a competitve (console warz) way rather than an objective way. 

Its best to be more objective in business and financial discussions.

The truth cant be condescending, it just is what it is.  How its percived is a choice of the one who hears or in this case reads it.   

Quite likely is the case if you ever looked at the ages of many on here.  Id bet majority of vg are Not nor have been property owners. 

I expect some awesome bundles, the biggest weapon Sony has!

I guess it makes sense considering if all else fails for them, they can fall back into a business that they have been doing for years!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

tagged

PSN ID: clemens-nl