By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Real Estate Corp®™ yes really.

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
Kasz216 said:
I thought they were trying to focus and simplify.

A $2.4 million investment is pocket change.

Yes.  So why bother?  Focus?

I don't know the context of that quote, but being focused doesn't mean you're not allowed to diversify your investments. And there is more than one way to interpret "focus and simplify".

The article does say that Sony plans to open 10 new businesses in just 3 years. If they were just interested in setting up just the real estate company, I'm sure they would have given up a lot more money.

We already have Sony chemicals. Maybe we'll see Sony Solar next???????? Or Sony brand clothing?

Sony chemicals closed in 2012 as part of their focus. 

I thought they had only sold part of it. I guess I was mistaken.

Around the Network
Wright said:
kowenicki said:

January 2013

Sony CEO Kaz Hirai: 'We need to be a more focused company'

What if every house Sony sells has a Playstation 4 bundled? That certainly helps.

PS4 + 1 year PS Plus + PSNow enabled TV + 1 year PSNow = winning

poklane said:
Wright said:

What if every house Sony sells has a Playstation 4 bundled? That certainly helps.

PS4 + 1 year PS Plus + PSNow enabled TV + 1 year PSNow = winning

Don't forget Vita TV!

It makes sense as something parallel to the financial services unit that (along with their Hollywood arm) is keeping them alive right now. Real Estate speculation is hot on Wall Street right now (signs of another bubble and horrible for class equality, because owned homes are being converted into rental units by big wall-street backed firms, but that's a rant for another day).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

kowenicki said:

My first thought...

Sony is selling so many buildings, and got so good at it, that it started its own real estate company to do just that.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

It makes sense that if you have experience in the market, you should use it for profit. Article says they will also act as consultants, brokers, and property managers. This isn't just about buying and selling property, it's about a very lucrative rental market. And yes, it's very well possible that they may furnish properties with playstation units.

I would love this to become successful for them.

Pretty sad state for Sony if they have to step outside the real of electronics and entertainment to survive. They are pretty much acknowledging that their other businesses are going down.

Soonerman said:
Pretty sad state for Sony if they have to step outside the real of electronics and entertainment to survive. They are pretty much acknowledging that their other businesses are going down.

Better to acknowledge the problems that exist and try to find alternative solutions, rather than drive the company into the ground by refusing to change.

As far as I know, Sony Financial is a profitable venture. A guaranteed profit, selling insurance premiums. Now real estate, where profit is guaranteed through commission.

Before we know it, Sony will excel in everything but electronics ;P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.