Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One launching September 4 in Japan

jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Then why not say "I was expecting it to release early summer"

Because I thought it was obvious. Why would I say summer, when it is releasing in summer. I would have expected someone would have understood I meant sometime earlier than September. 

That's what I'm saying XD

Around the Network

There's some developers in that list that aren't Japanese.. And 'registered to develop for' and 'developing for' are two different things.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I am reminded of an old adage regarding a tree falling in a forest.

Hang on, what thread is this again?

Great to see the likes of Atlus and Koei on that list, can't wait to see what they can do with the Xbox One.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

novasonic said:
There's some developers in that list that aren't Japanese.. And 'registered to develop for' and 'developing for' are two different things.

They'll be making Japanese loacalisations, also important to any potential success the Xbox One has in Japan.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
mutantsushi said:
ktay95 said:
lucidium said:
Just a forewarning, if you non-japanese xbox owners want the digital only japanese games you will need a japanese xbox.
while disks arent region locked, digital purchases are.

Huh?? No mutiple accounts from different regions like my PS3/4??

XBOX doesn't do that. 
But no worries, you can enjoy needing to pay for a SECOND Kinect rather than hot swapping a single Kinect between your US and Japanese XBOX.
...Even if there is no Japanese only games that use Kinect!  MS just made sure you would have the pleasure of owning a "Japanese" Kinect.

Are you sure you'll need 2 kinects for this? Sounds counter-intuitive.

Shaunaka said:
mutantsushi said:

But no worries, you can enjoy needing to pay for a SECOND Kinect rather than hot swapping a single Kinect between your US and Japanese XBOX.
...Even if there is no Japanese only games that use Kinect!  MS just made sure you would have the pleasure of owning a "Japanese" Kinect.

I'm saying you don't NEED 2 Kinects for that, but that is what you will get, because MS does not sell XBones without Kinect bundled.
If they ever stop force-bundling them, and start selling Kinect-less SKUs, I guess you could sell one to somebody for 1/2 price.

mutantsushi said:
Shaunaka said:
mutantsushi said:

I'm saying you don't NEED 2 Kinects for that, but that is what you will get, because MS does not sell XBones without Kinect bundled...

Who would buy a japanese Xbox straight from Microsoft?

What's the point.

Man, Japan and China in the same year. X1 is going to dominate