By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One launching September 4 in Japan

lucidium said:
Just a forewarning, if you non-japanese xbox owners want the digital only japanese games you will need a japanese xbox.
while disks arent region locked, digital purchases are.

Ugh XB1 never need this anymore

Just change country,and buy the game

Around the Network
Shaunaka said:
mutantsushi said:
ktay95 said:
lucidium said:
Just a forewarning, if you non-japanese xbox owners want the digital only japanese games you will need a japanese xbox.

Huh?? No mutiple accounts from different regions like my PS3/4??

XBOX doesn't do that. 
But no worries, you can enjoy needing to pay for a SECOND Kinect rather than hot swapping a single Kinect between your US and Japanese XBOX.
...Even if there is no Japanese only games that use Kinect!  MS just made sure you would have the pleasure of owning a "Japanese" Kinect.

Are you sure you'll need 2 kinects for this? Sounds counter-intuitive.

You don't have to,don't even need buy Japanese Xbox One

Change country,and buy it,though Japanese credit card are way different than rest of the world,so mostly you will need Japanese gift card

D-Joe said:
lucidium said:

Requires changing xboxs region now, and you can only do so once every 3 months.

No. I can change the region on my X1 every day if I want.

Pibituh said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Pibituh said:
''Arc System Works'' A Blazblue action-adventure game confirmed as Xbone exclusive.

I wasn't surprised by that. They did it with Guilty Gear ;)

Now that Guilty Gear is back to PS as a fighting game, I suppose we can expect a Blazblue action/adventure on Xbox, or no more Blazblue at all  :p

I'd like to see. lol

Around the Network
Angelus said:
No. I can change the region on my X1 every day if I want.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-account/change-region

Conditions that prevent you from changing your region

You won’t be able to change your region if any of the following conditions apply:

• You changed regions within the last three months.
  • Your account is currently suspended (for example, if the credit card on one of your memberships has expired).
  • You have an Xbox 360 Entertainment For All contract.
  • You are a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will not be a minor in the region that you want to change to.
  • You are currently not a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will become a minor in the region that you want to change to.

That only applies to 360 ^^

I have an X1. I change the region constantly

Angelus said:
That only applies to 360 ^^

I have an X1. I change the region constantly

This is correct. Region changes rule apply to the actual account/gamertag.

But you can have several gamertags active on a console, each from a different region, and can access them at any time without any changes. You don't even have to be connected to the internet.

While that's true ^^

Again....on Xbox One, you can change your region (on the same gamertag/account), as many times as you want, whenever you want. I live in Germany for instance and have a German Xbox. I use the German region to download and make use of some apps specific to that region. I switch constantly however, because I buy all my games digitally from the US region.

Ka-pi96 said:
D-Joe said:
lucidium said:

This is great to know. I'll have to try it out sometime, maybe get some of the Japanese games and also the uncensored American versions of games.

You should have an US account anyway, games are much cheaper on their store. You can save some 15 Euro per game on average...