By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that Nintendo is doing DLC, what do you think?

Is Nintendo doing a good job with DLC?

They're doing a great job! 51 34.00%

They're doing a good job. 36 24.00%

Meh. 24 16.00%

I think they should stop. 13 8.67%

They should just leave th... 10 6.67%

I really don't give a f*ck. 15 10.00%

Total:149
outlawauron said:
ToraTiger said:
Darc Requiem said:

The OP is about a year late.

Edit: Ninja'd by Eric Fabian

Fire Emblem isn't a AAA title that everyone wants to play, its a niche RPG, even by JRPG standards.    

Like the OP stated, this will probably be the first Mainstream Nintendo game to included DLC.  (NSLU aside)

I'm not sure Mario Golf is going to outsell Awakening....

Haha I wouldn't bet on that. Awakening is the best selling Fire Emblem of all time and it bearly got over a million sold.

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
Darc Requiem said:

Fire Emblem isn't a AAA title that everyone wants to play, its a niche RPG, even by JRPG standards.    

Like the OP stated, this will probably be the first Mainstream Nintendo game to included DLC.  (NSLU aside)

Mario Golf isn't a AAA title that everyone wants to play, it's a niche sports game, even by Mario Sport standards. :P

Seriously though, it's Mario Golf. It's not mainstream just because it's Mario. It's fucking golf. FE has already sold well over a million copies. Mario Golf doesn't stand much of a chance against it. And you can't just say NSLU aside, because NSMB2 had DLC too.

Too late. Major third parties will catch up with them next gen.

Devil_Survivor said:
outlawauron said:
ToraTiger said:
Darc Requiem said:

Haha I wouldn't bet on that. Awakening is the best selling Fire Emblem of all time and it bearly barely got over a million sold.

Fixed.

Also, Awakening has 1.26 million and still slowly climbing, so I wouldn't say it barely sold over a million, especially when you consider digital sales, in which case it's closer to 2 million. The highest selling Mario Golf game sold 1.53 million. The highest selling portable Mario Golf game sold 0.45 million. I'd say the 3DS Mario Golf has little chance of beating Awakening.

Free DLC is ok, although I'd rather have it included in the initial version of the game. Paid DLC not so much. 99% of the times a total rip-off, you pay extra for content intentionally left out of the game to charge you more money. So the good thing is that Nintendo is late with it, the bad thing they started it at all. What's next, paying for online?

Around the Network
game_on said:
Free DLC is ok, although I'd rather have it included in the initial version of the game. Paid DLC not so much. 99% of the times a total rip-off, you pay extra for content intentionally left out of the game to charge you more money. So the good thing is that Nintendo is late with it, the bad thing they started it at all. What's next, paying for online?

yeah cant complain about free dlc ...
i usualy stay away from paid dlc.

and paying for online would be next, if not at least near in the future. but dont expect free games like psn plus with it.

outlawauron said:
ToraTiger said:
Darc Requiem said:

Wanna bet? 

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

HylianSwordsman said:
Devil_Survivor said:
outlawauron said:
ToraTiger said:
Darc Requiem said:

Haha I wouldn't bet on that. Awakening is the best selling Fire Emblem of all time and it bearly barely got over a million sold.

Fixed.

Also, Awakening has 1.26 million and still slowly climbing, so I wouldn't say it barely sold over a million, especially when you consider digital sales, in which case it's closer to 2 million. The highest selling Mario Golf game sold 1.53 million. The highest selling portable Mario Golf game sold 0.45 million. I'd say the 3DS Mario Golf has little chance of beating Awakening.

Yeah I should have checked the Mario Golf sales first before writing this :P.

ToraTiger said:
outlawauron said:
ToraTiger said:

Wanna bet? 

Not really, but the highest seling portable M Golf game sold below 500k. Not boding very well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No DLC from Nintendo is worth outside of Zelda Ura.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile