By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that Nintendo is doing DLC, what do you think?

Is Nintendo doing a good job with DLC?

They're doing a great job! 51 34.00%

They're doing a good job. 36 24.00%

Meh. 24 16.00%

I think they should stop. 13 8.67%

They should just leave th... 10 6.67%

I really don't give a f*ck. 15 10.00%

Total:149
HylianSwordsman said:
spemanig said:
$15+ for 6 golf courses and 4 playable characters? Ugh. Should have been in the original game. Day 1 DLC is okay now because it's Nintendo? Hypocrites.

No, it was okay before Nintendo too. So long as you're offered a full game, it doesn't matter. Nintendo is putting just as much free content in Mario Golf as every other Mario Golf ever, so if they hadn't offered the DLC, it would be a normal Mario Golf game. The DLC makes the game more than it otherwise would have been. So what if the DLC is available first day or later? And Fire Emblem had some DLC available first day as well, yet nobody complained about that, did they? It was damn awesome DLC that was additional content added on to an otherwise complete game, that's why!

I couldnt give a fuck about the rest of your arguement but this I had to talk about. A game that is released in Japan a year earlier that has received DLC is kinda expected to have Day 1 DLC in the west. Kind of a terrible point in your arguement, just sayain

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
spemanig said:
$15+ for 6 golf courses and 4 playable characters? Ugh. Should have been in the original game. Day 1 DLC is okay now because it's Nintendo? Hypocrites.

No, it was okay before Nintendo too. So long as you're offered a full game, it doesn't matter. Nintendo is putting just as much free content in Mario Golf as every other Mario Golf ever, so if they hadn't offered the DLC, it would be a normal Mario Golf game. The DLC makes the game more than it otherwise would have been. So what if the DLC is available first day or later? And Fire Emblem had some DLC available first day as well, yet nobody complained about that, did they? It was damn awesome DLC that was additional content added on to an otherwise complete game, that's why!

I couldnt give a fuck about the rest of your arguement but this I had to talk about. A game that is released in Japan a year earlier that has received DLC is kinda expected to have Day 1 DLC in the west. Kind of a terrible point in your arguement, just sayain

How about no? According to your logic, ALL the DLC should have been available day one, and yet it wasn't. Why? Because they followed the same release schedule. And it had day one DLC in Japan as well.

HylianSwordsman said:

How about no? According to your logic, ALL the DLC should have been available day one, and yet it wasn't. Why? Because they followed the same release schedule. And it had day one DLC in Japan as well.

Oh... well in that case that is some BS from Nintendo =P

Nintendo's DLC practices are great, they gave me a bunch of free Pocket Mans for my Video Game Boy.

What the heck is a three-dee-ess?

ktay95 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Oh... well in that case that is some BS from Nintendo =P

Did you even play Fire Emblem? The DLC was anything but BS. It was fantastic, and the game was utterly complete without it. They weren't selling the game piecewise, like some companies do, they were adding more great content to an already full content game. Full content game is here defined as having just as much content as an entry without DLC, which Fire Emblem and Mario Golf both fit the description of.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:

Did you even play Fire Emblem? The DLC was anything but BS. It was fantastic, and the game was utterly complete without it. They weren't selling the game piecewise, like some companies do, they were adding more great content to an already full content game. Full content game is here defined as having just as much content as an entry without DLC, which Fire Emblem and Mario Golf both fit the description of.

Of course I didnt play Fire Emblem. As much as I want to I have yet to find it for a price Im comfortable paying for it. Maybe I can find it used somewhere as it dosent seem to be in any decent sales ever =(  

As for Mario Golf, well Im not buying that because I havent seen an RPG mode. I dont like the clothes mechanic for stats that they have brought in.  I even brought Mario Tennis on 3DS VC to play the RPG mode instead of the 3DS game.

ktay95 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Of course I didnt play Fire Emblem. As much as I want to I have yet to find it for a price Im comfortable paying for it. Maybe I can find it used somewhere as it dosent seem to be in any decent sales ever =(  

As for Mario Golf, well Im not buying that because I havent seen an RPG mode. I dont like the clothes mechanic for stats that they have brought in.  I even brought Mario Tennis on 3DS VC to play the RPG mode instead of the 3DS game.

I'm not interested in Mario Golf either, but I'm not going to complain about additional optional content to an already complete game.

spemanig said:

is not hypocrisy. Do you play Fire Emblem DLC? Is a great bonus. The game is already complete without. If all DLC are this way, I can't see any reason to complain

Click HERE and be happy 

*whispers* Fire Emblem's DLC was overpriced AND most of it was bad. Only a handful of the maps were actually worthwhile. It is the worst DLC strategy in any Nintendo-published game.

But it's true that the game was complete without it.

ToraTiger said:
Darc Requiem said:

The OP is about a year late.

Edit: Ninja'd by Eric Fabian

Fire Emblem isn't a AAA title that everyone wants to play, its a niche RPG, even by JRPG standards.    

Like the OP stated, this will probably be the first Mainstream Nintendo game to included DLC.  (NSLU aside)

I'm not sure Mario Golf is going to outsell Awakening....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.