By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Call of Duty 2014 screenshot revealed, confirms modern setting

What do you think of the Modern setting?

I love it! 36 26.67%

I rather see a different ... 33 24.44%

I'm done with the modern setting 65 48.15%

Total:134

I wonder if this one will have cats.

Around the Network

I need to see more. Seeing it in motion will be what helps us form a true opinion.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

one word: meh

dsage01 said:
hunter_alien said:
Carl2291 said:
Also, Sledgehammer have only ever done work on Modern Warfare 3, which was released in 2011.

This will have been in development for 3 Years. As far as Im aware, every other Call of Duty game has only had 2 Years.

Sledgehammer has the tallent, money and time needed for a quality FPS.

Maybe we will finally see a FPS paradigm shift as we did with MW?

No. 

Well I hope so... contemporary warfare FPSs started to bore me years ago. They are nothing else rather then US military propaganda, with competent, yet outdated gameplay mechanisms... I wan moooar :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

This actually looks decent!

Around the Network
poklane said:
manny10032 said:
last gen also??

Yes

Assuming he ment will the game also release on gen 7 systems, where was this confirmed?

BenVTrigger said:
If thats in game......damn.

Ghosts was truly an awful game though so we'll see. This years COD needs to impress or I think we're going to see a major drop off for the franchise in sales

Tell me what was so awful about Ghosts without mentioning previous instalments. I bet you can't do it!

Einsam_Delphin said:
BenVTrigger said:
If thats in game......damn.

Ghosts was truly an awful game though so we'll see. This years COD needs to impress or I think we're going to see a major drop off for the franchise in sales

Tell me what was so awful about Ghosts without mentioning previous instalments. I bet you can't do it!

-Horrendously bad maps - Stonehaven, Chasm, Siege, Overlord, Free fall. Maps are mostly too big with no flow whatsoever.

-Gun balance is completely off. Assault rifles outclass everything else in the game. Recent patch has made some SMGs a little better, but most other classes are obsolete. MP is dominated by AK12, Mtar and Remington.

-Most killstreaks are lacking both in number and inspiration - Vulture, assault jugg, Loki and most high end streaks are not rewarding at all.

-IEDs - nuff said.

-I won't bother bringing SP into this since unlike others I understand COD is a MP game.  But if I were to comment about SP, it would be one you already have heard before.

I played and enjoyed all COD since COD4, but Ghosts is just a bad COD in its own right without bringing any other previous entires. That is why I'm looking forward to this year's COD since it SH had 3 years to develop it and they have been rather engaged with the community from what I hear.

Please not Modern Warfare 4, that well has been drained dry.

UltimateUnknown said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

-Horrendously bad maps - Stonehaven, Chasm, Siege, Overlord, Free fall. Maps are mostly too big with no flow whatsoever.

-Gun balance is completely off. Assault rifles outclass everything else in the game. Recent patch has made some SMGs a little better, but most other classes are obsolete. MP is dominated by AK12, Mtar and Remington.

-Most killstreaks are lacking both in number and inspiration - Vulture, assault jugg, Loki and most high end streaks are not rewarding at all.

-IEDs - nuff said.

-I won't bother bringing SP into this since unlike others I understand COD is a MP game.  But if I were to comment about SP, it would be one you already have heard before.

I played and enjoyed all COD since COD4, but Ghosts is just a bad COD in its own right without bringing any other previous entires. That is why I'm looking forward to this year's COD since it SH had 3 years to develop it and they have been rather engaged with the community from what I hear.

Well I haven't actually played Ghosts myself, and what you've said seems believable, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Good job! xD