By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Call of Duty 2014 screenshot revealed, confirms modern setting

What do you think of the Modern setting?

I love it! 36 26.67%

I rather see a different ... 33 24.44%

I'm done with the modern setting 65 48.15%

Total:134
Einsam_Delphin said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Tell me what was so awful about Ghosts without mentioning previous instalments. I bet you can't do it!

-Horrendously bad maps - Stonehaven, Chasm, Siege, Overlord, Free fall. Maps are mostly too big with no flow whatsoever.

-Gun balance is completely off. Assault rifles outclass everything else in the game. Recent patch has made some SMGs a little better, but most other classes are obsolete. MP is dominated by AK12, Mtar and Remington.

-Most killstreaks are lacking both in number and inspiration - Vulture, assault jugg, Loki and most high end streaks are not rewarding at all.

-IEDs - nuff said.

-I won't bother bringing SP into this since unlike others I understand COD is a MP game.  But if I were to comment about SP, it would be one you already have heard before.

I played and enjoyed all COD since COD4, but Ghosts is just a bad COD in its own right without bringing any other previous entires. That is why I'm looking forward to this year's COD since it SH had 3 years to develop it and they have been rather engaged with the community from what I hear.

Well I haven't actually played Ghosts myself, and what you've said seems believable, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Good job! xD

I thought Ghosts was good fun myself. Then again, I play it for the campaign and don't touch multiplayer.

Around the Network

It would have been cool if they had a time period from far in the past, but I'm not complaining with a modern setting. At least it isn't in the future, it always bugs me when It's not accurate of what actually happened, like in Back to the Future Part II.

curl-6 said:

I thought Ghosts was good fun myself. Then again, I play it for the campaign and don't touch multiplayer.

Why do you not play multiplayer!? It's so funs!

Nintentacle said:
It would have been cool if they had a time period from far in the past, but I'm not complaining with a modern setting. At least it isn't in the future, it always bugs me when It's not accurate of what actually happened, like in Back to the Future Part II.

What about if they go to the year 2200? That way you wont know if they were accurate or not! Though I really do hope they take the franchise far into the future at some point!

Looks great I bet its a pc screen shot

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Tell me what was so awful about Ghosts without mentioning previous instalments. I bet you can't do it!

-Horrendously bad maps - Stonehaven, Chasm, Siege, Overlord, Free fall. Maps are mostly too big with no flow whatsoever.

-Gun balance is completely off. Assault rifles outclass everything else in the game. Recent patch has made some SMGs a little better, but most other classes are obsolete. MP is dominated by AK12, Mtar and Remington.

-Most killstreaks are lacking both in number and inspiration - Vulture, assault jugg, Loki and most high end streaks are not rewarding at all.

-IEDs - nuff said.

-I won't bother bringing SP into this since unlike others I understand COD is a MP game.  But if I were to comment about SP, it would be one you already have heard before.

I played and enjoyed all COD since COD4, but Ghosts is just a bad COD in its own right without bringing any other previous entires. That is why I'm looking forward to this year's COD since it SH had 3 years to develop it and they have been rather engaged with the community from what I hear.

Well I haven't actually played Ghosts myself, and what you've said seems believable, so I guess I'll take your word for it. Good job! xD

If you paid $60 for COD SP, then you're doing it wrong my friend. To each their own I guess.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Nintentacle said:

What about if they go to the year 2200? That way you wont know if they were accurate or not! Though I really do hope they take the franchise far into the future at some point!

That would be awesome.

curl-6 said:

I'm the same way. After Modern Warfare 2 I haven't really played multiplayer and only play the campaign mode. 

"First Call of Duty 2014 screenshot revealed, confirms modern setting"

Grooaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
ethomaz said:
Looks good for a concept model... now I need to see the game.

This is gameplay.

So... Call of Duty: Crawling over some dude's sweaty face: Up Close and Personal?
Pick his nose for him 10x in a row = Kill streak?